Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whether anyone had any experience with tuners in the Philadelphia area. I believe ECS is in New Jersey, not sure exactly where, though. Any other ideas or experiences?

Thanks in advance. Ben

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Ben,
For near race prep type stuff, Phoenix Performance, a forum sponsor, and the group that preps most of the SCCA T1 vettes, mine included, is in Phoenixville, just west of Philly.

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but they may fit the bill.
:cheers:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sub -
Does engine tuning help with road racing? Or does it just eek out a few ft/lbs and smooth out the torque curve for smoother, but not higher, performance?

Anyone have thoughts here?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Phoenix Performance has a dyno - but does not actually do the tuning. The tuning is done by Mike Kleman from Rapid Motorsports and he is great to work with.

PM me if you need contact information.

Bill

·
Registered
299 Posts
Cartek in N.J.and they are a supporting vender

Tony #54

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
WhosUrDaddy said:
Sub -
Does engine tuning help with road racing? Or does it just eek out a few ft/lbs and smooth out the torque curve for smoother, but not higher, performance?

Anyone have thoughts here?
A Phoenix PCM is worth about a second a lap at most tracks, which is a huge margin. I have three PCMs, Phoenix tuned hot, cold and stock and I've swapped them out often enough to confirm that they are worth my money for what I'm using them for. :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts