Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know from experience what is the optimum AFR and spark advance settings for the ZO6? For the record, mine's an '02 with intake mods, and LGMs with no cats, and Stingers. Gonna go get 'er dynoed in a week, and since I have a Predator, thought I'd let 'em fine tune it a little. No, they don't have a LS1 edit, or any other specific Corvette programs available, nor do I know of anybody within 800 miles that does. thanks, guys. (and gals)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody out there? Gotta be someone with tuning experience... hello?...appreciate it.

·
21,378 Posts
From what I've read over the years, AFR at WOT at 12.8 -13.0:1 and timing usually around 27 degrees. Timing is dependent on a lot of variables at the time such as fuel quality, outside temp and barometric pressure, etc.

This should get the ball rolling. :lol:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, JubX2. I'm gonna dyno it at a tuner who claims to be able to tune with a Predator, next Tuesday. Kind of a hassle, because nearest dyno with an O2 sniffer is 80 miles away. I remember that you got a Predator about the same time as me, and wondered if you've tuned your car using it, and how'd it go?

·
21,378 Posts
exSSer said:
Thanks, JubX2. I'm gonna dyno it at a tuner who claims to be able to tune with a Predator, next Tuesday. Kind of a hassle, because nearest dyno with an O2 sniffer is 80 miles away. I remember that you got a Predator about the same time as me, and wondered if you've tuned your car using it, and how'd it go?
Tuning with the predator is very limited. They let you adjust timing and fuel +/- 5% which let's you make small changes to the whole tabel. You cannot fine tune with the Predator and another thing, the Predator is VIN locked so how can he tune your car? I never heard of a multiple VIN license for one but maybe there is such a thing?

I dunno. Sounds kind of screwy to me. :roll:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just got off the phone with diablosport, and you're right, it won't tune like a dedicated program without their input. OTOH, when I get a dyno readout, they (Diablosport) can take the data, and build me a tune. Probably not perfect, but less than $100 versus $500 quoted by the tuner with questionable benefits. Who knows, it may be very close to optimum as is. Appearently, Diablosport is not limited to the parameters of the built-in tune.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had tunning with the Predator on my WS6 with James at running with the devil. It is a good solution if you do not have anyone close with HP or LS1 edit, or you don't have any aspirations to tune yourself. I got my Predator for 360 and free custom tunes but I think there is a 75 charge now but its a one time so still not a bad deal.

ON the Z06 I went with HP tuners friend of mine has a 99 SS so we went into one together, plus I can use the scanning program on my 98 Z28. The scanning is really my big reason for going with HP, the scanning in the Predator is real time and hard to read. If it could log to a computer file I may have bought another one. The local tuner was impressed with the mail order tune I had gotten.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts