Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and read alot about both ls1 edit and the diablo hand held. My question is if I buy either one and make some changes to the car now, how will it effect me down the road for dyno tuning. Can a shop go in and still dyno tune my car if it doesnt have the stock flash in it. For example I use one or the other just to make fan temp changes and defeat cags. I don't want to buy one or the other only to find out later that it ends up costing me more in the long run just for a tune.

·
21,386 Posts
minytrker said:
I have searched and read alot about both ls1 edit and the diablo hand held. My question is if I buy either one and make some changes to the car now, how will it effect me down the road for dyno tuning. Can a shop go in and still dyno tune my car if it doesnt have the stock flash in it. For example I use one or the other just to make fan temp changes and defeat cags. I don't want to buy one or the other only to find out later that it ends up costing me more in the long run just for a tune.
Doesn't matter who or what tuned your car. Any editor that can make changes will just write over the existing code.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I just wanted to make I wasn't going to be wasting away some money. I was just worried because when my friend had his cobra done he had to buy a diablo.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
You might like to take a look at HPTuners also.

Jub,
You could probably do alot with that tool. As much as you know about the process.
I'm looking into it for the other possible options......like just one is being able to set the rev limit if the car has to go into shop for some reason or another.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the main difference between ls1 edit and hp tuning is hp can data log? I noticed hp cost more thats why I asked? Also if ls1 edit doesnt data log what do you use for data logging?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Also look at EFILive while you're at it.

That setup will log without a laptop hooked up, then you dump the log to the laptop when you are back from your ride.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found a place thats 100 miles away that will help me.
- Minor tweak of fans and cags only - $100
- Tweak those above plus timing and fuel curves for some added power - $250
- All of those above plus hook up diagnostic software and ride on street to determine % lean or rich and dial in an exact street tune for the car to make max power and fuel economy around town - $325
* All of these services are one time fees. This means should you ever do other performance enhancements to the car I will retune for free for the life you own the car. As well, all of these charges will be applied towards a complete street and dyno tune ($500) should you ever wish to do that.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
minytrker said:
I found a place thats 100 miles away that will help me.
- Minor tweak of fans and cags only - $100
- Tweak those above plus timing and fuel curves for some added power - $250
- All of those above plus hook up diagnostic software and ride on street to determine % lean or rich and dial in an exact street tune for the car to make max power and fuel economy around town - $325
* All of these services are one time fees. This means should you ever do other performance enhancements to the car I will retune for free for the life you own the car. As well, all of these charges will be applied towards a complete street and dyno tune ($500) should you ever wish to do that.

Sounds like a good plan to me!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Defaults

Getting Back to Defaults for Dealer Visits ??...Is this a one button Reset or reboot operation or working through the entire setup list ?? Forgive the lack of knowledge here, I am asking this question from never having seen any of these in operation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts