Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have High flow cats on my car with all the other stuff listed in my sig. I just purchased some gutted cats for my dynatech headers and I wanted to know if I need to get my car re-tuned after installing them. I had my car tuned a little over a month ago and don't want to have to bother with tuning it again but I will if it's absolutely necessary....what do you guys think?

·
Registered
413 Posts
why not just go catless (?) i did the gutted cat thing and saw maybe 2+rwhp over highflow cats, plus the sound was "tinnie"... however when i went straight pipe (no cats) after tune i picked up closer to 8 rwhp over the gutted cat...able to add more timing...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Vette1171 said:
Currently I have High flow cats on my car with all the other stuff listed in my sig. I just purchased some gutted cats for my dynatech headers and I wanted to know if I need to get my car re-tuned after installing them. I had my car tuned a little over a month ago and don't want to have to bother with tuning it again but I will if it's absolutely necessary....what do you guys think?
IMO it's not necessary :cheers:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
C5 CU said:
why not just go catless (?) i did the gutted cat thing and saw maybe 2+rwhp over highflow cats, plus the sound was "tinnie"... however when i went straight pipe (no cats) after tune i picked up closer to 8 rwhp over the gutted cat...able to add more timing...

They are straight pipe...that was what I was trying to explain. The thing with the dynatech headers is the cat attaches directly to the headers. I had to purchase some pipes that would be compatable with the unique merger between the headers and the cats. Thanks for the reply :z:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts