Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove 2100 miles from Denver to Florida. Today, my turn signals stopped working. Because I'm a software developer, I first guessed that it was a computer thing, so I shut the car off and restarted. Haha! They worked again. It has done this twice today. I'm past warranty (40000 miles) so, anyone know how to diagnose/fix this? BTW-I'm going to stop by Dallas next week and hook up to my friend's HP tuners machine to set the fans. Maybe there is something else I can reset or look for in the computer?

Usually, when a flasher goes bad, it stays bad. This seems different.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I had the same problem. Mine would work at random. Turned out to be the flasher unit, which I hate to tell you, is located inthe hazard light switch on the dash.I replaced mine ( although it was still under warranty). You have to remove the top of the dash to replace. My first time took me approx 2 hours. ( have to remove the console, dash assembly, govebox, steering colomn bolster,lower the colomn, etc.) Use to be able to replace a flasher in 5 minutes....not the case with this. :roll: Good luck.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Tip. next time it does not work, tap the dash above the flasher switch with the palm of your hand. That would make mine work......

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Hey Buddy. My guess is this.....if it happens again, hit or jiggle the hazard switch. If it comes back on, its your hazard relay switch.....

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
This is how I solve mine.. tap the hazard button and the turn signals work again.

No way I am going into the dash for this one.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Holy crap! Good thing I travel lightly- ie. brought all my tools with me, well, a lot of them anyway. What a vacation...

Any gotchas when tearing apart the dash?

I agree, it used to be 5 minutes for a flasher, Wish I was working on my 600 hp 87 Buick Turbo T right about now...

I need to grab a six pack, breakout the torx driver and get to work... I can get the console and cd player out in about 8 minutes...I started counting that time when I tapped the low level outputs to drive an amp/sub combo and did it a few times,

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
LC2nLS6 said:
Any gotchas when tearing apart the dash?
Not a hard job. Just a little time consuming. Once you get the dash top panel off(you will also have to remove the A pillar mouldings), remove it from the car, and flip it up side down, remove the AC duck work, and the flasher switch is just clipped in place. Just squeze the clip together and it pulls right out(pulls out toward front of car).New one pushes right back in. (A number of the 01's had this problem.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts