Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is that turning off? Or turning around the brake light switch? Are you trying to not show when you're hitting the brakes?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, - try not to show the brake lamps, when I'm hitting the brakes, by flicking a switch.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It is possible, but....
Why would you want to?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
So you won't have brake lights when you are out running the police?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Better idea

Just buy some 2nd or 3rd Gen NV goggles..............
Then, you won't need lights at all................
Not cheap, but a almost foolproof getaway............:cool:
Picture yourself.........THE "Phantom", ZEEEEEEEEEE..............:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The primary reason - sudden braking and changing lanes as you approach heavy traffic ahead of you to prevent cars behind you to jam on their breaks.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
z06175

Come again?.............
:-?
Are you saying NO brake lights to prevent folks behind you from Slamming on their brakes??.
I do not understand what you are trying to accomplish??.
If you have NO brake lights.......you of course will get JAMMED in the rear 10x's faster than with...........
Educate me, I'm at a loss??:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
A cut-off for the brake lights in heavy traffic is extremely dangerous and should not be done.

It is useful, however, on lightly traveled roads in states which ban radar detectors. Sometimes cops shoot you from the rear and look for brake lights coming on to find cars to ticket for radar detectors.

I had a brake light cut-off switch on both my C4s. Haven't done it to the C5 yet because the traffic in this region is too heavy for a cut-off to be practical.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
All you really need to do is locate the power lead to the rear lamps and wire a switch into the circuit. When the switch is closed, power hits the lights and they light up - open the switch to break the circuit - and have no tail lights. :D :cheers:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm just picturing you getting pulled over for a ticket for no brake lights, or worse yet, getting rear ended. I guess I just dont understand this whole tampering with the lights issue. The latest rage out here is guys in hondas with flashing strobe lights in the grills and taillights... As if anyone would mistake a honda for a cop car?:roll:

·
Registered
176 Posts
OOOPS! I just noticed that you have a honda civic, Z06175MPH ... hope you dont have those flashing strobes I just laughed at, or if you do, hope you can take a joke :eek:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I had real strobes in my 2000 TA - bought the from a Police wholesaler - about 300 bucks for two lights and the brain for them...I still have it, and have been toying around with the idea of buying two more bulbs and throwing them in all 4 back lenses on the Z-Oh.....haven't built up the courage yet though :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts