Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
people making corvette owners look like horrible drivers.
Here's a post from corvetteforum.com

Police officers are looking to fry up the two turkeys who wiped out in a stunningly stupid Thanksgiving Day Corvette drag race. One turkey is apparently a mama's boy and the other is possibly a known scammer.
The now infamous accident occurred on Thanksgiving Day as the result of an inept drag race between a silver C5 and silver C6 Corvette on busy public streets. Because it happened in the small suburb of The Woodlands, news of the video got around fast.
As a former resident of the wooded 'burb visiting my family over the holiday, I heard about it from multiple friends, so I assumed that the police also probably got the message. Turns out they did, at least according to a person on the [LS1GTO forum claiming to be the first patrolman on the scene.
We got a ton of information from this individual, all of which sounds credible enough (we've reached out to the Sheriff's office for confirmation). Here's the good stuff:

They both tried to tell me they weren't racing. The C5 claimed to be pushing 600rwhp... He claimed he dumped the clutch and thats why he lost control. Lol.
[...]
Well, the driver on the left was 23 and called his parents immediately. As soon as we placed him in cuffs his mom started screaming to go to the hospital. So we sent him to the hospital and decided to cut the other guy loose due to the kid not going to jail. Warrants are being issued for both of their arrests now.
[...]
We recieved [sic] a 911 call (from a witness) saying that a major accident just accused and the other corvette was attempting to leave the scene. And the other vette wasn't drivable. Due to it being a major accident, we have to investigate.

So there's probable turkey number one, being bailed out by his mom. Despite being completely irresponsible and likely getting arrested, I just have this bad feeling (from experience) he may get his C5 back.
And what of the other guy? According toLS1TECH(and always take Internet justice with a grain of salt), the C6 driver is Brian Hebert, a parts scammerof ill repute.
Now the users over there are enjoying what they view as karma.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is this The Woodlands in TX , north of Houston?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is this The Woodlands in TX , north of Houston?
Yesser. Notice the TX plates. The bad thing is a lot of people on youtube are saying middle aged men in Corvettes can't drive, Corvettes can't handle, etc. And it was all because of a 23 year old kid had too much car, nothing else.

·
9,755 Posts
..... The bad thing is a lot of people on youtube are saying middle aged men in Corvettes can't drive, Corvettes can't handle, etc. ....
Keep in mind that a lot of the comments on Youtube are from pre-pubescent 13 year-olds who haven't even driven mommy's car. :yeadog:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I can hardly stand to read some of the comments on you tube because of the very reason you state. No doubt the guys should have taken it to the track, and were lucky no one got hurt.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sad none the less. it gives people a bad name but the car a worse one.

everyone remember the hogan kid totaling a viper trying to drift? everyone said for a while "vipers can't handle" blah blah.

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Not condoning this behavior, but unfortunate they wrecked. We all know that we (except for those few perfect people out there) have done it at least once or two dozen times in our life, and stuff happens. I have been to many car functions over the years and I have video and pictures of stuff like this happening. Don't know that I'd be one to post it on youtube though. Funny the guy says "C5" and "C6" , most non corvette people don't know the difference or use that terminology. Sounds like a gum-chomping cop-wannbe tool to me.:screwy:

Note to self: Video cameras are everywhere anymore.:yeadog:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just goes to show you how fast a Corvette can get outa shape. To the point that it's unrecoverable. Sometimes you're the driver and sometimes you're the passenger. Been there, done that. (No, I didn't hit another car, but you get what I mean.):yeadog:

EDIT~ I see some are questioning their intelligence. I wouldn't be so judgemental. Everyone that has never "Had a little fun" while driving, please stand up. Granted, crashing isn't "fun" nor on purpose, (unless they were way upside down and wanted to sell both cars to insurance....)

Kinda puts a different spin on it, doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
everyone with some power at their right foot has gotten carried away but doing it in a residential area with many people around, toward a curve, and obviously not knowing whats around the corner(police, another accident, kids, etc) is out of line.

in the many many years of my street racing days I have never been so careless as to race while people were so close and walking around.

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Yep we've all done it, but that was definitely not the place for a race. Just plain ol' stupid!

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I've definitely done it. Twice that I can think of off the top of my head. The experiences definitely left a lasting impression on me. Once I was in the 02Z and the other in the ole Viper.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've never driven a C5 but I sure know my 07Z will bite me on the @$$ real quick if I'm not 100% on point when I have my foot in it. People who have never driven a performance vehicle have no idea. I thought I did before I got mine but boy was I wrong.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Is it sad that I know both of the drivers? The guy in the C5 works in the building next to mine...The guy in the C6 is a known scammer.

- FYI: Warrants have been issued for both drivers....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts