Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I decided to get a 1/4 pass in since I've got the Spring itch. Well this was literally only the 3rd launch from a dig with this car. I bought it new and it has 6500 miles. I've tried a launch at 2000, 2500, and now I tried 3000 rpms. Well, I let the clutch out slowly (about first 10 feet), only the clutch didn't come all the way up at first. It "hovered" about halfway up and I could feel the clutch chattering just a bit so I aborted the run. I continued driving the car in a normal fashion and it seemed fine. However, I am now gunshy about runs from a dead stop. Am I over-reacting? Do I have a bad clutch? Or should I not launch at 3000 rpms or more? I still have 1 year left on the warranty, but the car has never been to the dealer and I dread doing that. Anyone have similar circumstances? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Adam :z:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the exact same problem last week. The clutch pedal was sticking about halfway up, trying to re-engage but not quite getting there. It would only stick for less than a second before fully engaging, but enough to make the clutch chatter and slip if you were hard on the throttle. Then, the pedal just plain stuck to the floor altogether. I brought it in to my dealer and they are fixing it right now. There is a post here that explains this problem; it's a sticky called "clutch pedal sticking...". Really sucks, but apparently it's widespread because GM has issued a TSB specifically regarding this problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts