Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had sent PM to Adam about a week ago, but I wanted to let folks publically know that I can't attend the fest this year.

I was looking forward to the fest. I had alos been honored by being asked to present a drag racing seminar which I was really looking forward to.

The issue just simply lies in time. I have a project must be finished in ~9 weeks. I lost almost a month at the beginning of the project from the monsoon rains we had early in the year. Plan were to be done by this point, but delays have pushed us right to the end of the project timeline. So, I need to get about 3 months work done in 2 months. Bottom line is I'm going to need every spare second to get things done. So, taking off a week for the fest just isn't in the cards...

Anyhow, I apologize to everone for not being able to make it. I really, really wanted to come and I was really looking forward to checking out the new Z in person. Anyhow, I hope y'all have a great fest this year.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
sorry to hear that , I was looking forward to your talk on drag racing and seeing you try to tear up Beech Bend, maybe next year

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
J-Rod, I'm very sorry to hear that you can't make it this year.
Your seminar last year was excellent and watching you at the track was a real treat. I was looking forward to more of the same this year.

We understand totally the priorities of work and how they can interfere with plans, but we will miss seeing you this year and hope you will make plans to attend in '06.

Best to you and your family and I'll hoist a cold one for you in your absence.

Mike

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Damn, I won't get to see "the legend" run the 1/4.
Work really gets in the way of your fun sometimes doesn't it :mah:
Maybe next year :D

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
J-Rod,

Sorry you aren't going to be coming...but we will be thinking of you and we will expect you next year!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Oh my...what a terrible misfortune for everyone.
J-Rod gave an excellent presentation at last year's Fest, and we all benefited from it...such a good guy!

I do understand, however, and will miss not seeing you.

Tony :( :(

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Jarod???????
Damn! Who's gonna drive Joe's car this year???

I know, you gotta do what you gotta do, but we will miss you at The Fest!!
Forget about how much you know about drag racing, you and your wife were just GREAT to be around and talk with!!

Good Luck, and I'll think about you when I win one of those Z rides!! "I know someone that could make this thing DANCE!!!!"

Ken

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
J-Rod,
Sorry to hear you can't make it! You WILL be missed!
Maybe next year. :(

Jim

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I'm ecoing everyone's sentiment here Jrod!! Sorry you won't be here this year. But next year....:D

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
This is not good news for the Fest, the seminar would have been one of the highlights.

Looking forward to your attendance in 06.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
J-Rod ... now that I plan on going I am sorry to see that you won't be there, I was looking forward to seeing you again bro.

Les

J-Rod said:
I had sent PM to Adam about a week ago, but I wanted to let folks publically know that I can't attend the fest this year.

I was looking forward to the fest. I had alos been honored by being asked to present a drag racing seminar which I was really looking forward to.

The issue just simply lies in time. I have a project must be finished in ~9 weeks. I lost almost a month at the beginning of the project from the monsoon rains we had early in the year. Plan were to be done by this point, but delays have pushed us right to the end of the project timeline. So, I need to get about 3 months work done in 2 months. Bottom line is I'm going to need every spare second to get things done. So, taking off a week for the fest just isn't in the cards...

Anyhow, I apologize to everone for not being able to make it. I really, really wanted to come and I was really looking forward to checking out the new Z in person. Anyhow, I hope y'all have a great fest this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts