Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, called Bill Heard Chevrolet in Huntsville, AL this morning where I purchased my 02 Z and talked to the sales manager. He said that they would sell the new Z at MSRP, no more, no less. They already have deposits on 3, I could be number 4. My 02 really runs strong and is in pristine condition. It has a H/C package by Gigliotti and a few months back I had talked to Lou about doing a C5R 427 package with all the bells and whistles. I am just undecided on whether or not to buy a new Z or continue with the car I have. I will be driving to the Z06 Fest to check out the new Z and would love it if they would have a test model for us to drive. Anyone know if they are going to have a test model at the Fest?

Ed

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you do like the C6 styling, I would definitely buy the new C6Z as you will have a more balanced package with a warranty than 'simply' upgrading your C5Z.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Got to like the C6 first.........then if the ole wallet can handle the stress!

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
CKZO6 said:
Hey guys, called Bill Heard Chevrolet in Huntsville, AL this morning where I purchased my 02 Z and talked to the sales manager. He said that they would sell the new Z at MSRP, no more, no less. They already have deposits on 3, I could be number 4. My 02 really runs strong and is in pristine condition. It has a H/C package by Gigliotti and a few months back I had talked to Lou about doing a C5R 427 package with all the bells and whistles. I am just undecided on whether or not to buy a new Z or continue with the car I have. I will be driving to the Z06 Fest to check out the new Z and would love it if they would have a test model for us to drive. Anyone know if they are going to have a test model at the Fest?

Ed
Hey Ed,

Small town. My uncle bought my Z06 there at the dealer you mentioned. It was an 02 Z Quicksilver. You might have seen him. His name is Bob Wise. I own the car now, and live in Maryland. I will look you up at the fest. I have been to Huntsville many times over the years. Did my tech school training there while I was in the Army at Redstone Arsenal. Take care, Don

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Just to throw come numbers around. Lets say your car is worth 38G's with all its current mods. Put a 427 C5R in with all the goodies and that's another 30G's. Total investment is 68G's. A new C6 Z06 will cost 72G's out the door (that's a guess). So for 4G's more the your have the latest the General has to offer. Granted your Z06 will be much quicker. The new Z06 will be to close much of that performance gap with Headers and a Cam. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
you cant beat having a costumized and taylored car your way

But you cant beat a production full package beast with a warranty and Brand new smell

decision decisions :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts