Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
"Base Price 75,000" Hmmm, it does not say "estimated".

We'll see I guess,

2Charmed

:z:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
2charmed said:
"Base Price 75,000" Hmmm, it does not say "estimated"
Heh. I figure my car is worth, by the time I would sell it in a year or two, around high 20's to $30K. The $75K realistically means low 80's out the door with options and tax and so forth.

That would mean I could spend a whopping $50 to $55K on my car and still come out ahead financially.

Kinda puts that price in perspective, doesn't it...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Just for analysis.

C6 Z06
$75k out the door
$0 down
60m
5% interest
$1,415 a month

C5 Z06
$50k out the door
$0 down
60m
5% interest
$943 a month

You would have to put down $25,000 just to bring the monthly down to the "old" C5 Z06 payment when new. :(

With used prices, the reality of what a C6 Z06 costs is more dramatic. :eek::

Just kinda hate reality. :mad:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think one thing that gets lost in this cost comparison is the fact that there is more to the new Z than just 0-60, 1/4mi and top speed. Those carbon fiber pieces add to the cost, aluminum frame, better suspension, way better brakes plus that 427. $25k more does not sound too unreasonable especially when a 427 for the C5 is a $20k expense, upgraded brakes add another $3k. See where I am going? There is no way GM could survive by selling this car anywhere near the C5 Z price. They spent way more on R&D for it than the C5 Z and it shows. Its still cheaper than all of the competitors. Yes, we can sink $25k into our cars and have faster times and handle better but just like buying a new car you will never recover the cost. So, instead of saying would you get rid of your Z for the new one (I personally can't afford an $80k car out the door) the question that should be asked is: are the guys who are looking to spend that kind of money on a new sports car more likely to go with the Z, Viper or Porsche? I plan to mod mine a little but realize the new one is a superior car to mine (unless I spend $25k).

·
Registered
971 Posts
reproman said:
Just for analysis.

C6 Z06
$75k out the door
$0 down
60m
5% interest
$1,415 a month

C5 Z06
$50k out the door
$0 down
60m
5% interest
$943 a month

You would have to put down $25,000 just to bring the monthly down to the "old" C5 Z06 payment when new. :(

With used prices, the reality of what a C6 Z06 costs is more dramatic. :eek::

Just kinda hate reality. :mad:

Except for 50k or so, you can get a stroker C5 Z06.
And the fees and recurring fees for C6 Z06 are a chuck of change. About 8.5% out the door here, so optioned at $80k with no mark-up of 10k, try about $6,400 in fees. hmm.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks for sharing but he is just guessing the price like everyone else. Its probably better for him to guess high then go down then to guess too low. Plus in the article he does say 75k estimated. Anyway my opinion is that this is not too credible, at least i would like to think so.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
hmmmm, wasn't there a good deal of Motor Trend bashing going on in the last couple of months? now everyone loves MT... make up your minds either MT blows or it's good :) (yes, issues are black and white to me, no gray :))

1 - 12 of 12 Posts