Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked before over a month ago. No one gave a definitive answer.

So...has anyone dyno'd their car after they installed the U/D pulley? One local dyno shop told me that on the F-bodies they will see 5-7rwhp, but on one Z06 they did they saw ZERO.

The installation is a PITA for just a pulley...you've got to move/remove a lot of stuff to get to it. So, I would like to see some documented gains before doing this.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Wes,

Thanks for asking this. I too am interested in this mod, but want to see some hard data before making my decision.

:-? Anybody know?? :-?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Wes,

I personally wouldn't touch it until/unless you are doing a cam swap - it's gotta come off then anyway, and it can't hurt any to have it there.

I think ~5rw is a good estimate, but the work involved isn't worth 5rw to me, so I'll wait till I swap the cams, then just put the UD Pulley back on in place of the stocker....

my .02 :cheers:

·
Registered
90 Posts
That was very nicely laid out for the horsepower gain/ mod info. :)

Im hoping to step up to some long tubes soon!

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FRC Tom said:
I got 6 rwhp.
Click on what to expect in my sig.
FRC Tom,

Great data. Thanks for putting that all together!

Question for you... who did the reprogramming of your PCM?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
WA 2 FST said:

FRC Tom,

Great data. Thanks for putting that all together!

Question for you... who did the reprogramming of your PCM?
WA 2:
Recommended to me by Hib Halverson, I used Ron Zimmer at Z-Industries in CA.
John at Team ZR1 also uses Ron as does that truck guy in AZ that used to be a supporting vendor.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
FRC Tom
How does the re-programmer know how to set your PCM? Does he go by what mods you have, the afr's you have from dyno sheets?
Also what does this service typically cost?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts