Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled up next to a C5 vert (top down) at a light today and looked over to acknowledge a felllow Vette driver. He would not look at me. Stared straight anead. I revved my motor. Still no response. Can you say dickhead?

·
Registered
0 Posts
<B>
On 2001-03-26 17:46, ZEEE 06 spewed forth this drivel:
He would not look at me. Stared straight anead. I revved my motor. Still no response. Can you say dickhead?

</B>
LMAO /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif Some people just don't have a clue what Corvette ownership is about. Its not just a car...its the brotherhood!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
HEY! I wave at all Corvettes!(probably 60% don't wave back!)...I would own one of each year Corvette made if I could!..Like Bob McDorman of Bob McDorman Chev. in the Columbus Ohio area...man what a site!!!!:)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Little Blonde in a white C5 Coupe that lives in the area ALWAYS waves back!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Had a guy in a pickem up truck roll down his window the other day and wave...I was thinking WTF is that about!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

C4 drivers in this area NEVER wave!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its not that us C4 drivers are rude or aren't enthusiastic its just that we are really freakin jealous.Hope the Nasdaq can make somewhat of a recovery so that I can order my '02 Z in a hurry.
P.S. If anybody is in the market for some worthless Tech.stocks and you want to pay top $$ , E-mail me.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's nice to come out of the building to find a group walking around your car and you are the one who pulls out the key and takes off....... We buy the art, they enjoy the gallery...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I usually get many Vette drivers to wave but I get less waves back from C4 drivers than all other Vette owners put together./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think last Sunday was Vette Day in Annapolis. I must of saw ten differnt Vettes in the few hours I was on the road where I usually don't see any. About half of them waved. They were all C5s and one TR/Mod Red Z like mine. I pulled up next to him and waved. The guy looked at me like I was crazy or something, but he looked like a delivery driver taking the Z somewhere else. And one was a Black FRC. That guy just wanted to show me how fast his modded out HardTop was. I pulled along side him, and he just turned away.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I see quite a few vettes of different years on the raod here. I get more waves from the other C5 owners and early years, pre-68. Maybe about 50% of the C4 owners wave, but not all of the C5 owners wave though either. I pulled up to a light yesterday in my QS and a MY was stopped at the corner. I waved over at hime but he just sat there not knowing what was going on. I did get a comment from a young guy next to me in a pick-up. "How rare is this, 2 Z06s at the same light? This is awesome." I think he had a bigger smile than I did. I felt oblidged to him to light em up a little when I took off, which I gladly did.

On another note, I almost went into heart failure Sunday during my morning cruise down the beach. A guy in his 800 series bmw (sleak looking model) pulled next to me at a light, nodded and smiled. I waved over and he waved back. Imagine that, a beamer guy waving at a vette. Is the world coming to an end?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts