Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Merry Christmas From Maxie Price Chevrolet. Thru the end of the year I am able to offer a $5000.00 disc. on all Coupes and Verts. and a $1000.00 disc on all in stock and ordered Z06s.:cheers:

According to the poll that is going on right now about what was paid for their Z, 67% paid this or more. Only 37% got a better deal.:)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMA,

If it were $5000.00 disc. on Zs it would be inHUGH LETTERS :lol: :lol: $1000.00 disc. is what I am told on all 2002 Z06s In Stock Or Ordered thru the end of the year. $5000.00 on all Coupes and Verts.:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Rick -

Remember me when all those Red/Red 2001 Z's come in on trade. ;)

It is almost Christmas.:guiness:

And....I'll stop bugging you when I get it! :cheers:

You won't hear as much from me on this site either - I'll be out DRIVING, not staring at some tube.

Steve Nix

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks Rick...........

And if my counting is correct........This JUST MIGHT BE #50!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does this take me off "Junior Member" status?

Steve Nix

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Steve Nix, you should start thinking about purchasing a plumb '01 from Rick's pre-owned Z06 inventory. The market for pre-owned Z's here in Florida are starting to tighten up and come back up to over the $40k level privately and the $42k at some of the local dealers. Fubu/Les:)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes Les, I KNOW.......

I need a '01 Z06 BAD! Rick is well aware of my fever. He knows what I want, what I have to spend, and is keeping in touch with me. I am pursuing several possibilities at this point, because I am one sick dude. I may have good news to report tomorrow, if the guiding force is with me. Otherwise, Hey, if it doesn't happen tomorrow, it's going to happen Thursday.

Alcoholics live successfully a day at a time by staying off the juice. There is no cure here, either, but the only way to stop the fever is to buy the car.

I love it.

Steve Nix

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Re: Yes Les, I KNOW.......

SteveNix said:

Alcoholics live successfully a day at a time by staying off the juice. There is no cure here, either, but the only way to stop the fever is to buy the car.

I love it.

Steve Nix
Hi. My name is Dan and I'm a Vetteaholic!:cheers:

Take care,

·
Registered
141 Posts
Can't wait?

You know of course that the only way to successfully negotiate any deal (buying a car is just one example) is to be WILLING TO WALK AWAY if you can't get acceptable terms. If you "must have the car", then the the dealer has you by the balls.

I wanted a C5 when they first came out. I tried to buy one many times, but demand was strong and the dealers wanted ridiculous prices for the cars, so I WALKED AWAY for 5 YEARS. Yes, I really wanted the car, but no, I was not going to get raped on the price. IMHO, paying much more than invoice is just giving away money, and I work too hard for my money to give that much away.

Finally, this last spring, prices came down to a point I could live with ($4,000 off MSRP for a Z06), so I bit on my Z06. IMHO, in the current economic climate and in the winter, prices for a Z06 should be less than that, say $5000 off MSRP. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would be willing to bet the $4000 off on your Z06 was for a 2001. And for your info we were at that time disc. the 01s $6000.:) Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Well, ya got me on this one!!!
UP to $5000 off........WOW!!! I'm on the ZO6VETTE.COM FORUM. This HAS to be the DISCOUNT on a ZO6!!!!!!!!!! NOT!!!

I fell for the hook... I should know better!!!

Bob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Rick,

Yes, the $4,000 off the Z06 in May '01 was for a '01 Z06. But the same dealer (Kerbeck, Atlantic City, NJ) was offering the same or better discounts on '02 Z06s at the Carlisle Corvette show in August. Normally I would have waited for the '02s, but I had $5,500 in GM Card discounts that was beginning to rapidly expire -- it was a use it or loose it situation -- I would have lost $500 by August. It was a wait-for-a-better-deal and risk loosing some of the GM Card discount, or use the discount then on the $4,000 off deal. I took the bird in the hand.

I'm sorry I didn't know about your $6,000 off Z06s when I purchased mine in May '01, or you would have been my dealer. Next trip you'll be one of my first calls.

I guess I just don't understand, considering the current dour economic climate, rampant unemployment, and the traditional middle of winter slump in Corvette sales, why you are only offering $1,000 off MSRP on Z06s when you are offering $5,000 off on coupes and verts? I haven't checked Kerbeck (because I'm not in the market now), but I bet they are doing better on Z06s. Last summer they were offering the same discount on all C5s (but not quite as much on MY colored cars).

Just my $.02

1 - 20 of 20 Posts