Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This concerns the Maftranslator for the 01/02 cars that needed a different plug to keep it 'plug and play' like the 97-00 applications.

I talked to the 'man' today. He is still waiting on the plastics man to make a mold. No definite time frame given.

I asked about availibility by the 1st of the year?, and was told, "hopefully before that".

That's the lastest and greatest.:)

I have the wiring description for anyone who wants to do the small splicing required to work with the 01/02 cars. Just email me for that if you need it.

RG

G

·
You need two connectors, one must mimick the sensor itself and thus no vendor maks such connectors as a nom which means a mod vendor has to have a connector vendor make a master mold to make the connector that would be the same sex as the MAF side.

Being they are weather proof types, they would not be cheap, would be a small volume build and due to small volume of MAFt sales, time Mike makes a deal with the connector maker GM can change the connector size again ( i. e C6 )

As I sugested when I posted how to wire this in on a '02 C5, you can just butt splice any 3 wire connector set to the cut wires and be able to plug MAFT or cable back together.

Thus if you look at the different sensors on the C5, almost all of them are a different size and shape making doing mods tougher for the non techie types.

BrianK said:
Thanks for the update.. I don't follow the mold part. Isn't this a standard connector that just needs to be spliced on?

·
Registered
141 Posts
MAFT connectors

I just installed a MAFT using 3 wire weather-pack connectors available from NAPA. The local NAPA store didn't have the same 3-wire style that came on the MAFT, so I had to get two connector pairs, replace the connectors that came on the MAFT with one pair, and insert the other pair into the MAF cable. Now I can insert or remove the MAFT by just unplugging it.

I also switched to the "30 Lb." SVO injectors (supplied by Ford, but half the price of aftermarket injectors for the Corvette) which actually flow about 35-36 Lbs. at Corvette fuel pressure. With my intake and exhaust mods, I was running a LTFT about 18% lean (!) so I really needed the injector upgrade. I now have the MAFT set to tune the 30 Lb. injectors 15% lean. I will do a scan with the Ease scanner and fine tune the MAFT after the PCM has relearned this new setup.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Would be nice to know the "before" and "after" hp and torque gains. Are you planning on doing it? I've scanned and have an 18% lean reading. Might look at injectors. Need to get my MAFT in line. Wish there was a 5 wire done and available.
I've done a "before" and will do an "after" dyno run.

Please post your results. Would be interested to read.
Bob

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't have any plans for a dyno run at this time. Don't even know where a dyno is around here.

You might consider the SVO 30# injectors. The Ease scan of my initial setup showed 18% lean and the injectors maxing out at WOT and high revs. They are only supposed to have an 80% duty cycle max. The 30# injectors should drop that down to say 70% even with a good bit more air flow.

A couple people I know suggest that the custom 5-wire connector will not happen because it's too expensive, a custom part, and could change next year model, making the investment in the mold obsolete. You might try the 3-wire connector splice in that I did, it was easy. I soldered the connector to the wires so they should be very reliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts