Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well , I missed 2 weeks work for my back :cry: But I am finally starting to feel better :jammin: Now the Z - Replacing door, nose, front Quarters ,seat covers, and spicing in a new frame rail on drivers side . My body man says no one will ever be able to tell it was damaged.Most important me :D But I do have a question , does anyone make a kit to convert to topless while she's apart and labor would be minamal ? -clint

·
Registered
996 Posts
My understanding is that Caravaggio (supporting vendor, on the left!) does convert Z06 vettes to convertible. But I don't know whether they sell it as a kit for somebody else to install...

Hope this helps!

Geoff

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Won't splicing a piece into a hydroformed frame rail compromise the torsional rigidity of the car?

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
It must be the entire rail, and not just a piece cut out and replaced... at least we hope

But the labour and danger of not being jigged properly surely justify the cost of a new frame.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
My friend who recently wrecked his Z got an entire cockpit section that is one piece from the firewall to the back window.He got a hardtop section from Florida off a car that had been converted to a convertible.

·
Registered
968 Posts
If i was to look at a conv. Z06 i would question accident. Also I dont care how good the work is its not like factory especially the paint work. Good luck and health!

·
Registered
141 Posts
bobby778 said:
If i was to look at a conv. Z06 i would question accident. Also I dont care how good the work is its not like factory especially the paint work. Good luck and health!
Hopefully it's better than factory paint work.

·
Registered
874 Posts
bobby778 said:

Yeah, no self respecting painter from a credible body shop would ever let a car leave with that much orange peel!!! :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Bad Machine said:
Yeah, no self respecting painter from a credible body shop would ever let a car leave with that much orange peel!!! :lol: :cheers:
If a guy can't paint any better than this factory OP job he had better trade in his gun for a brush.

D.J.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Glad you are feeling better. I just had a Caravaggio rear spoiler painted and covers for my C5-R head lights and they look like sh*t. Trash all in the paint on the spoiler and the covers. They screwed up when they taped off for the openings for the covers, they don't even match. I guess they are trash because one opening is bigger that the other. I'm giving them a call tomorrow. :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts