Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cops suck.

This is just pure harassment. According to the tow form I got in the mail, we're supposed to be able to have a hearing with the police department within 48 hours to determine the legality of the seizure.

Those two asshole cops STILL have not turned in the paperwork, so the PD won't give us a hearing yet. We do, however, have a court hearing on wed. to try and get our cars back. We've had to hire an attorney to represent us.

I do need some help from those of you with a drag simulator though.

I need to know how far a cop car crown vic with two cops and equip (figure 5000lbs curb weight) will take to get up to 70mph.
The 2002 cars with DOHC have about 225-230 hp (crank), and the SOHC cars have 200 or so hp.

Also, if you can figure braking distances that would be great too.

What we're trying to show is that the cops are lying, because they said they were immediately behind us. Dad and I went out with the GPS the other day, and measured the distances. It was about 400 feet to the point where we had stopped accelerating, and 1000 feet to the point where we coasted to a stop.

I'd like to know how fast we could have been going with optimum traction (like we had it) at the 400 foot mark. Figure an 01 Z06 (stock - with me in the car - 210lbs), and a tired LT1 Coupe (curb weight - 3400lbs with 250lbs of dad, and 150lbs of my little brother).

I have a feeling we'd be under the 70mph the cop said we were doing.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Mike

Sorry, if you were all out, at 400 feet......you would be @ around 70, or more......
Check the stock '01's in the Perf Data Center........the 330' marks show around 5.5 seconds on a 12.5x run...........
0-60 for you're rig, is around 4.5..................
:(

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Wow. I need to go back and search for the orignal thread!!!

You got your cars impounded for doing 70mph!!!!????

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Wow. I need to go back and search for the orignal thread!!!

WA 2 FST said:
You got your cars impounded for doing 70mph!!!!????
nope. Got them impounded for supposedly racing my dad in his 94 LT1 coupe.

Its total bullshit harassment. When our attorney called the cops to try and schdule a hearing, they were laughing about it. Then said "we don't have the paperwork yet"

I hate this stupidass town

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Have your attorney....

,,,,subpeona all their data. If they haven't pulled the black box info, you may be able to get that (after you get your car back). Do not drive your car from impound but have it towed flat bedded to the nearest Chevy dealer and DO NOT tell your attorney your going to get the black box data until after you get it. It may prove you innocent or guilty. If it proves you innocent turn it over to youir attorney.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
That is total horse shit. I'd file a class action on the town and really stick it to them:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts