Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Gotta love that new vette smell................

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if i do the engine one ? the first choice ? does any one know what parts will be changed and what will be total cost?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well a C6 will still be a 400 HP car :) but with the lingenfelter i will have a better chance against all these FAMILY sedans with 500 + horses :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
save the $10k, sell the 01 in a yr and buy a c6 Z from an investor who had to buy the first ones-and after driving it-"wet his pants" and has left it sitting the garage for 6 mo's :zboobie: :D :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
C5 + 10K in a heartbeat.

Al

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bud miller said:
save the $10k, sell the 01 in a yr and buy a c6 Z from an investor who had to buy the first ones-and after driving it-"wet his pants" and has left it sitting the garage for 6 mo's :zboobie: :D :D
well in a year i will porbably get 26k for the z and plus 10 will be 36 even if i add 4 more k i don't think n e one will sell a 80k car for 40k in a year ;) well there are some ppl out there but u only read about those when they have been long gone :) so atleast 2 years and the new z will still be around 45-50k or so still :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
If it comes to strictly a math equation, the 10k upgrade is a clear choice. If you're already tired of the car, however, more power might not do it for you. The most drivable HP for the $$ is SC.(not counting NOX) If I were doing it, I'd go with an A&A Procharger, and a good tune. You can keep most of your everday economy, with easy driving, and get one hell of a mid-topend rush when you want one. Probably get change from your 10k if you wrench it yourself.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2002Z06Yellow said:
H/C upgrade with a full VE interior and a set of I forged wheels is the way to go!
well i might do wheels but i dont want to spend so much money on the wheels that everytime i hit a pot hole i get a heart attack :) but that will probably come later i am more of a sleeper kind of guy so just headers and cams will not be enough.

·
Registered
878 Posts
MrKool said:
well in a year i will porbably get 26k for the z and plus 10 will be 36 even if i add 4 more k i don't think n e one will sell a 80k car for 40k in a year ;) well there are some ppl out there but u only read about those when they have been long gone :) so atleast 2 years and the new z will still be around 45-50k or so still :)
yea-i meant you would have to add some $ to the pot-but hey look what you would have ...modding is fun..we all know that...but to get what the new Z will have i'm not sure $10 will do it..guess it might come close-but i am interested to see what kinda mileage the new Z is gonna get ..gm does a pretty good job at the mileage trick...just some thoughts :cool:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I also have a 01 Z06 and have decided to upgrade my car's power and handling instead of buying new for now.

I decided to go with a larger motor and stay N/A as I like to take the car out onto road courses every now and then. No weight penalties and great power.

How do you use your car?

If it is mostly a street car, the LPE - Magnuson S/C package would be a great set-up. Easy return to stock, great looks and super power band.

Perry

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I don't believe you can upgrade you 2001 Z06 to a C6 for 10G's. More like 20G's. That's firguring your car is 30G's top and a new C6 is 50G's.

There is no doubt that anything that Lingenfelter sells is top quality. I would put a Vortech Supercharger on it and have 500 or more RWHP and have 2 or 3 thousand left from your 10G's. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Of course the best of both worlds would be to keep the '01 (first year Z) and to get a new C6Z. :)

I would NOT modify the '01 to the point to where it would be too difficult to switch back to stock either.

IMHO-- :cheers:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IT L GO said:
I don't believe you can upgrade you 2001 Z06 to a C6 for 10G's. More like 20G's. That's firguring your car is 30G's top and a new C6 is 50G's.

There is no doubt that anything that Lingenfelter sells is top quality. I would put a Vortech Supercharger on it and have 500 or more RWHP and have 2 or 3 thousand left from your 10G's. :cheers:

well i saw couple of C6's for 42-43k also the base price is 44k for a new C6 so i can get a C6 with the 10k or may be 12k but still that does not give me more power just diffrent look as i already have added HID's to my C5 plus willwood cross drilled and sloted rotors plus a kick a$$ sound system, chromies, car is lowered etc etc so a C6 is not looking so good.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Does any one know what is the deal with this package as it is 500 HP but only $6050.00 installed

http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c5_350500.htm

and if i get the supercharger it is 9k installed?
http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c5_350cid.htm

So if i get a new engine without the supercharger it is cheaper but i get same amount of HP?

This car is not my garage qeen and also it is not my daily driver any more so i drive it as often. So i want power but i don't want the H2 kind of gas milage either.

·
Registered
830 Posts
MrKool said:
well i am at the point i want a change so if i spend 10k i can upgrade to a C6 that i don't want to now as this is the 1st production year :) so tell me if i should do this

350 CID LS6 500 HP
http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c5_350500.htm#

or
the supercharger package? or something else?

come on ppl help me out.

Sometimes you end up doing both :eek:o:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Spend the 10k on the LPE H/C. I did it in January, and couldn't be happier. They do great work, and the car is awesome.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts