Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find a chart of upgrades, how much hp each upgrade adds and in what order they should be added to your Z06?
I know with my current car, there are lists that you can follow in ugrading the car and how much hp it adds, what to do first and so on...

I'm in the market for a Z06 and I'm trying to learn as much stuff about them as I can. Its amazing how much different every car is when it comes to modding...

Any input will be appreciated.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Gain or improvements from modifications is very subjective and there is no chart that I know of.
Here's my opinion

Stock Z06 330 to 360 RWHP
Headers, air intake, catback 370 to 390 RWHP
add a cam to the above 400 to 430 RWHP
add heads 430 to 470 RWHP

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
IT L GO said:
Gain or improvements from modifications is very subjective and there is no chart that I know of.
Here's my opinion

Stock Z06 330 to 360 RWHP
Headers, air intake, catback 370 to 390 RWHP
add a cam to the above 400 to 430 RWHP
add heads 430 to 470 RWHP

:cheers:

This is a pretty accurate assessment. The one thing I would add is that different mods (in an array of combinations) will react differently on any given car. There really is no "additive" effect, but rather a more "synergisitc" effect as you begin to try different combinations.

Don

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I do have couple more questions though...

Other then going to a supercharger, turbo or NOS, are there any other significant (worth mentioning) mods that will give you more hp? Are UD pulley's, light flywheels, lighter driveshafts, itc.. popular mods for a Z06 to transmit some of the hp to the rear wheels?

My other question is... When going to supercharger or turbo, what's the safe boost one can run without worrying about blowing the motor all to pieces. At what point, do you need to do some work to internals to be able to run more boost? Thanks

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
An under-drive pulley is usually done in conjunction with a camshaft change due its difficulty to change. An Under-drive pulley is worth about 5 RWHP. Supercharger about 5 to 6 Ibs of boost is safe. :cheers:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how much hp does 5-6 psi usually add on a Z06? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn things before getting one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts