Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the processe of doing a TT and i just wanted to know if i should do a flywheel also im doing a new motor with turbs cam clutch , should i get a new flywheel? Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
My buddy just bought a new fly wheel (forgot the name) the bolt holes that line up to the torque convertor are off. As far as i know the company he bought his from is the only place that offers aftermarket flywheels at this time.

About that flywheel! The stock ones go 9's and I havent heard of any problems yet. They are pretty beafy to begin with. Unless you want to reduce weight which is what the main purpose is for, than I would keep the stocker.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want to reduse weight and i will be low 9's so i wanna be safe ie strength of flywheel and not being to light to over rev, i thought the ls was extrenaly balanced and reducing weight would throw crank out of wack

·
Registered
270 Posts
blown 346 said:
My buddy just bought a new fly wheel (forgot the name) the bolt holes that line up to the torque convertor are off. As far as i know the company he bought his from is the only place that offers aftermarket flywheels at this time.

About that flywheel! The stock ones go 9's and I havent heard of any problems yet. They are pretty beafy to begin with. Unless you want to reduce weight which is what the main purpose is for, than I would keep the stocker.
I think you're thinking of a flexplate in an automatic transmission. I think this guy is asking about the flywheel for his standard transmission.

Dope

1 - 6 of 6 Posts