Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced GM part number 12611804 (upper housing) before?

I have to replace mine and can't find any videos of someone replacing it. Just need to know what I need in terms of tools and what to take off. Looks simple enough but I'm not looking to make any mistakes.

·
21,338 Posts
Has anybody replaced GM part number 12611804 (upper housing) before?

I have to replace mine and can't find any videos of someone replacing it. Just need to know what I need in terms of tools and what to take off. Looks simple enough but I'm not looking to make any mistakes.
What the Hell is a 12611804?

·
21,338 Posts
OK, why did you need to replace it? Seems kind of strange for such an inert part.

I needed to replace an "O" ring on my 2008 oil reservoir because it had a cut on an internal tube and was causing a clunking sound that came from behind the glove compartment. Oil reservoir was made in China as it turned out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, why did you need to replace it? Seems kind of strange for such an inert part.

I needed to replace an "O" ring on my 2008 oil reservoir because it had a cut on an internal tube and was causing a clunking sound that came from behind the glove compartment. Oil reservoir was made in China as it turned out.
Luckily the O rings I had on mine were aluminum so I did not need to replace them.
What happened was one of the small plastic tube portion that your oil lines from the engine snap onto got real brittle and snapped off in the oil line. So the temporary fix was super glue, low RPMs, and no big bumps for a while lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also by chance had luckily JUST caught when it happened. I happened to open the hood and found some fresh oil on the underside of the hood and that’s when I found it snapped

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any updates?
You can’t swap that thing unless the entire reservoir comes out. Takes some uncomfortable bending to bring it out at the bottom but at least you’ll probably be getting the most complete oil change possible. If you’re doing just the upper housing replacement don’t forget to take out the piece that’s inside of the existing upper housing. It’s in there with 2 alan head screws. You’ll need to set aside a whole day for it probably, and the front passenger wheel will be coming off. Probably can only be done on a lift. Got the instructions from alldata, was easy enough to follow for someone who’s not very mechanically inclined

1 - 8 of 8 Posts