Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help ASAP. I think my PCV system with the catch can on my brand new Cartek engine was done wrong and now I have serious issues!! I need a picture of the "correct" routing of the PCV system that includes a catch can. I think the guy that did the installation has it wrong?

I am in NO way blaming CARTEK. My new engine has 33 miles on it and is blowing the dip stick out. It blew a valve cover gasket and the dip stick after 28 miles and I changed the gasket this afternoon. After a 10 minute cruise now I have oil coming from what I think is the front main seal? Oil is all over the garage floor. I know it is normal for a new engine to have some blow-by with new rings, creating excess crank case pressure. I think have bigger problems now?

Dave

·
Registered
259 Posts
Big D said:
I need your help ASAP. I think my PCV system with the catch can on my brand new Cartek engine was done wrong and now I have serious issues!! I need a picture of the "correct" routing of the PCV system that includes a catch can. I think the guy that did the installation has it wrong?

I am in NO way blaming CARTEK. My new engine has 33 miles on it and is blowing the dip stick out. It blew a valve cover gasket and the dip stick after 28 miles and I changed the gasket this afternoon. After a 10 minute cruise now I have oil coming from what I think is the front main seal? Oil is all over the garage floor. I know it is normal for a new engine to have some blow-by with new rings, creating excess crank case pressure. I think have bigger problems now?

Dave
I can' t seem to post pictures so I will try to explain it to you , it's easy . I have the AMW catch can so I can only speak to it's installation. I moved the PCV valve to the valley cover making sure the direction of flow is to the catch can, connect it to the TOP connection . The side connection then goes to the vacuum source ( intake manifold ) This is the way I have mine hooked up and it seems to work fine, do a search for catch can I am sure you will get some pictures . I hope this helps but to be honest it sounds like you have bigger problems then a incorrectly installed catch can . I would contact CARTEK ASAP LOL
Bob :cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts