Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went on a very, very spirited run on some of these Texas back roads yesterday with four other C5s (two Z06s and 2 Coupes). The oil was full when we left but when I checked it last night about an hour after we got back it was down just a little bit below the full mark.

I added about 1/4 quart this morning and that brought it back to the full mark. I am sure hoping it was the many short runs over 100+ that made her drink a bit. Turned 1,800 miles on the run so she is still fairly new.

After just having the ring replacement done on my Coupe I am very weary of oil usage.....

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Oil

Black Gold, Texas tea.

Sounds like a fun run! :D

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Add

a forth of a quart of oil before you go on a "FUN RUN" and you shouldn't go below the full mark . Works for me. When I change oil and filter I fill the filter up with oil before I install it and add 7 quarts of oil. Never have to add any in between oil changes. 2002 EB ZO6:) :) :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Re: Add

Sanford said:
a forth of a quart of oil before you go on a "FUN RUN" and you shouldn't go below the full mark . Works for me. When I change oil and filter I fill the filter up with oil before I install it and add 7 quarts of oil. Never have to add any in between oil changes. 2002 EB ZO6:) :) :cheers: :cheers:
Don't forget, GM recommends adding another quart before any kind of track event. If you're driving hard, the conditions are approaching track conditions.

Just something to think about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts