Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using Competion Mode it seems that you can't get anything else to appear on the DIC without pressing the reset button, then everything else displays, but I don't know if this turns competition mode off or not. How can you tell if you're still in Comp. Mode, or if you're in Comp Mode is there a way to view other DIC guages :-?

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
You must have been reading my mind. Just got home and on the way, I entered into the Competitive Driving Mode (CDM). DIC wouldn't let me display anything else? I too am confused. :(

Does anyone know how you can activate CDM and then return the DIC to it's normal function, still insuring that you are locked into CDM? :-?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Yep,

Once you enter CDM........and push reset, you are still IN CDM, UNTIL, you turn off the ignition............
At which time, you will have to repaet the process.............all over again, each time you KILL the engine.
Just found this out, on this Forum, this week.;)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Yes, hitting the reset after engaging competitive driving mode, keeps the car in "cdm" but gives you DIC access. You can put tc back on by hitting the button on the console again. The DIC will indicate that tc is on.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I do not know about the 01's but you do NOT have to be stopped to put your car in comp. mode in the 02's, very nice feature over my 00' convertible. :)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
hc

Unless I am mistaken, I think I read that in the manual..........
Probably incorrect........someone else chime in here.......

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
RTFM ...

I know the flames are coming, but as an author, did you ever consider READING the manual. I know we all want to drive the beast, it's so much fun. I make my living writing textbooks, then get big bucks to read them to my clients. What a country.
RTFM

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
My 00' manual said you have to be stopped to get into the comp mode, my 02' manual says nothing about stopping, I just went for a ride and at any speed, I activated it at 50 mph or stopped my car will go into comp. mode if you hold the button for 5 seconds or more according to the owner manual. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
the second generation active handling (standard since 2001) does not require you to come to a full stop to turn on competition mode, you can turn it on and off w/o any trouble.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone. I figured out the reset button thing to see other DIC stuff, but just wasn't sure CDM was still on. Thanks again... :p

I'm installing LapTrax next week. :D This way I don't have to turn on CDM everytime I get in the car.. Set it once.. seems cool.. I will let you know how it works.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I did this

First time I tried it, MOVING, and the car made a funny tink,tink, tink sound after running it this way...........
Since, it if I engage it STOPPED, will act normally............???:-?

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
The AH stays active even after the reset button is pushed.

The AH can be enabled in motion or at a stand still.

If you have "Competitive Mode" displayed on the DIC and AH goes operational because of a slide, it will display on the screen and then return to "Competitive Mode".

I've tried them all out. hahaha :lol: It was a tough task but someone had to do it.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
While I can't speak for the '01 :)( I dont have one) I can speak for the '02 :)D I have one :D ) I can activate AH or TC or CM at any spped at any time! IF you can't do that with the '01 or older, then the 20+ HP is an even better bonus! :) Bill

1 - 20 of 24 Posts