Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the intake manifold off of my buddy's coupe so we could replace the oil pressure sender a couple of months ago. Ever since then he cannot switch the blower vents off of floor and defrost.

I checked the vacuum line from the firewall to the vacuum controller under the passenger side dash and the lines coming out of the controller. They all seem to be fine. I also changed out the climate control unit below the radio. Still can’t change where the air is coming from.

I haven’t been able to figure out where the vacuum is sourced from off of the engine, but I suspect I popped something loose doing the sender swap. Does anyone know where the vacuum is sourced from? Or have a diagram?

I’ve been looking for a while on the different forums and haven’t come up with anything. I guess I need to brake down and buy the shop manual :)

·
Premium Member
4,333 Posts

I hope this is what you need. Did you hook up a vacuum gauge to the engine to see what the reading was? You also might want to get a hand vacuum pump and hook it to the hose that is going to the controller. Once you do this, you can apply vacuum and see if everything works properly.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for the help. I took the intake manifold off and immediately saw that the vacuum hose indicated as number one in the above diagram was broken. This hose is rigid on my buddy’s car and we didn’t undo the connector from the back of the intake manifold before trying to yank it off the first time. I put about 4 inches of pliable vacuum hose on to bridge the gap and everything is working properly now.

This is the only hose on the intake manifold you can’t easily see when taking it off. So just a warning to anyone who is taking the intake manifold off, make sure to put your hand around back of the manifold after you get it loose and pop that vacuum hose off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts