Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What will happeen to the value of the C5ZO6 if the average price of the C6ZO6 is about 70k before tax?
Or will the value of the C5ZO6 depend more on performance of the C6ZO6 and buyer willingness towards it than just price?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
In my opinion Corvettes always level off after a few years and stay strong. My 03 lost value from $49k to $35k in around 2 years, Now I believe its level off, It will be worth low $30k for years IMO, I dont think the new Z06s price will effect much, C4s didnt get much effected by the C5s having almost 50 more hp, at least in the long run, someone correct me if Im wrong...

Put it this way, my car is worth $35k, someone that can afford my Z06 but not a new one is not going to talk me down because the new one only costs $65k, Im not selling my Z06 anyways, I might get one of those base Z06 for $65k is a bargain :yeadog:

·
Registered
220 Posts
C5Z prices will level,new Z06 wont hurt older model prices.Actually they're two different cars that are similar in name and heritage. :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
HMMM: I was thinking this way. The original Z06 has the name and nothing to apologize for in the performance department. And, it really is fairly similar to the new car. So, I was thinking that $70K for the new one will enhance the resale value of the C5 - Z in comparison to other C5 models. I guess time will tell....

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I will let you know next year when a few of them are on the road and we see what is actually does to the price of ours.

Chris

·
Registered
971 Posts
Most dealers will be marking up 5-10k out here, if not ordered. $72+5-10+$7,000 in fees.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The C5Z's performance and price is much closer to the C6 coupe than the C6Z. I think for the average buyer, those are the two choices they will be debating until the C6Z's start showing up on used car lots. The C5Z prices already took a hit from the C6 coming out. I don't think the C6Z will have any affect on it. Normal depreciation for the next couple of years, then it will level out.

·
Registered
996 Posts
TransAm12sec said:
What do the 7 thousand dollar fees include?
Probably taxes... Here in California it's 8.25% (or is it 8.75% now??? I've seen this new number in a few places...).

Geoff

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Wishful thinking, but the price of the C5 Z06 will not increase when the C6Z comes out.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Javelin said:
The C5Z's performance and price is much closer to the C6 coupe than the C6Z. I think for the average buyer, those are the two choices they will be debating until the C6Z's start showing up on used car lots. The C5Z prices already took a hit from the C6 coming out. I don't think the C6Z will have any affect on it. Normal depreciation for the next couple of years, then it will level out.
You are right Javelin.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Because of the new zo6's high price Im SURE our cars value will stabalize right now. 35k and it will stay that way for a whiiile.

If the new zo6 came in at 55k then we would loose more value.

35k compared to 70k is DOUBLE. lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Agreed, double$ makes the performance and unique style of the C5 Z06 the biggest bang for the buck on the planet. And lots of low mileage examples to be had.

What do I get for 35k more...
Prestige
Super Unique car, but not that unique if they do 5k per yr.
More expensive parts
Bad ass brakes...may not stop shorter, just better

.40-.50 in the quarter at best ( depending on the driver track conditions DA, etc) and maybe none with C6 TM. Just watched 3 different drivers run a Z06 and ranged in ET from mid 13's to 12 flat.

The new Z just adds one more car that can touch it in performance.

If you track your car and are conservative it won't make a difference in results, it just looks cool. The C6 is not running harder than the C5s in T1 ....yet. Go to any track event and find a car that dominates like the C5 Z06 does. It may be the best recreational track car of all time. The older M3s are good cars as well, but the cost of maintaining them is excessive.

The C6 Z51 does not hold up to the magazine test hype on any track yet that I have seen. Complain about TM all you want, but if you have to fix it to beat a stock C5 it's not apples for apples.

Not saying I wouldn't C6Z or will not buy one, but I think the C5 Z06 will follow the path of the 93 Supras and Twin turbo Rx7's. They should hold their value for some time to come. But if sellers panic it's just like stocks, they will fall. Supply and demand. Do not crater to low ball offers and the price will stay put. The wild card is the number of folks that will trade these in vs. Private party sales. If you are buying a new Z, do us all a favor and yourself. Do not trade it in. Flood the auctions and we all get squat and someone else a bargain.

I sold a 93 Rx7 pristine for $17.8k 5 years ago, it just sold again with 86k for $19k. These have become cult cars where OE examples are bringing good money even with all the issues these cars have had. It was by far the best pure sports car I have ever owned. If it weren't for getting tired of all the little problems I would still own it. 93 was the worst year, 95's still top 24k in decent shape.

Just my thinking.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts