Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you use this type of CAI, do you have to worry about driving in the rain or anything else. I drive my car everyday and I live in a rainy, rainy area. What types of results have you had with this system. Do you feel it in the SOTP??

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
FRCLandon said:
When you use this type of CAI, do you have to worry about driving in the rain or anything else. I drive my car everyday and I live in a rainy, rainy area. What types of results have you had with this system. Do you feel it in the SOTP??
No one that I know of has ever reported problems in the rain. You may or may feel anything in your seat, your are only adding around 10 HP. :z:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the rain unless you drive thru deep standing water. This was my first mod and I did feel a SOTP difference, but it has helped more now that I have added headers, cam and exhaust to pull more air in and get it out the back. This is one of the mods you should do. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't know if this is appropriate but I raced a buddy of mine in his 02 vs my 03. The only additions we have are aftermarket intakes. He has the Vararam and I have the K&N FIPK. From a 40 mph roll, I pulled away pretty well. Maybe the yellow adds a few HP :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
FRCLandon said:
I just installed mine. I would only worry about pubbles and getting spashed real good by a passing car. I am not real thrilled about the filter it came with. I plan on getting the K&N filter. Part number 33-2522 for it.

Take Care,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.