Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you use this type of CAI, do you have to worry about driving in the rain or anything else. I drive my car everyday and I live in a rainy, rainy area. What types of results have you had with this system. Do you feel it in the SOTP??

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
FRCLandon said:
When you use this type of CAI, do you have to worry about driving in the rain or anything else. I drive my car everyday and I live in a rainy, rainy area. What types of results have you had with this system. Do you feel it in the SOTP??
No one that I know of has ever reported problems in the rain. You may or may feel anything in your seat, your are only adding around 10 HP. :z:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the rain unless you drive thru deep standing water. This was my first mod and I did feel a SOTP difference, but it has helped more now that I have added headers, cam and exhaust to pull more air in and get it out the back. This is one of the mods you should do. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't know if this is appropriate but I raced a buddy of mine in his 02 vs my 03. The only additions we have are aftermarket intakes. He has the Vararam and I have the K&N FIPK. From a 40 mph roll, I pulled away pretty well. Maybe the yellow adds a few HP :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
FRCLandon said:
I just installed mine. I would only worry about pubbles and getting spashed real good by a passing car. I am not real thrilled about the filter it came with. I plan on getting the K&N filter. Part number 33-2522 for it.

Take Care,

·
Registered
128 Posts
vararam is the way to go

results vary from car to car, track to track, driver to driver..

but, it seems vararam overall provides the best gains out of all the other intakes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts