Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a Vararam system and attach it to the Halltech Stinger power duct, absent the warhead filter of course. I am guessing that this set-up should work being that the power duct simply replaces the stock accordion duct. A matching red stinger under the hood would look mighty sweet.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. The Z06 Rules :thumb:

Ob.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I would say yes. If the stinger power duct is the same that is used or similar on Halltech trap. I had the Vararam installed yesterday and forget to bring stock one. So I still have the red halltech one on. Until I can talk my hubby into switching for me.

:cheers:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kat, thanks for the info. Just curious as to why you would want to switch back to the stock piece if that is your intention.

Ob.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Kat said:
I would say yes. If the stinger power duct is the same that is used or similar on Halltech trap. I had the Vararam installed yesterday and forget to bring stock one. So I still have the red halltech one on. Until I can talk my hubby into switching for me.
:cheers:
You may want to keep the Halltech air-bridge on. The Vararam tends to work upward and the stock bridge will start to dig into the hook liner over time. I picked up a carbon fiber air-bridge (ie smooth on top) to prevent this. Good Luck

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
OB'SZ06 said:
Kat, thanks for the info. Just curious as to why you would want to switch back to the stock piece if that is your intention.

Ob.
I'm going to try to sell the Halltech.

Backlash said:
You may want to keep the Halltech air-bridge on. The Vararam tends to work upward and the stock bridge will start to dig into the hook liner over time. I picked up a carbon fiber air-bridge (ie smooth on top) to prevent this. Good Luck
Well I might have to try that then. The Halltech is pushing up the liner so bad it is pushing up the hood :cry: I thought is just needed to be adjusted. It did the same thing once before.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i had the Halltech Stinger, and then i got the vararam also, and it did not fit exactly right

i installed it over at L.A.P.D. btw

it "almost" fits though, but the Halltech and the stock bridge are slightly different lengths and have slightly different angles

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
PB24daGRK said:
it "almost" fits though, but the Halltech and the stock bridge are slightly different lengths and have slightly different angles
Good point, The pushing up is somewhat due to the vararam creeping upward, but if the bridge is too long you will have a greater problem. I know the carbon fiber ones work great to prevent this. Is it possible to shorter the silicone coupler to pull the Halltech downward?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just got a hold of a Halltech carbon fiber airbridge and am having the "hitting the underside of the hood' problem too, and I've removed the liner! Any suggestions, I'm bummed, paid a pretty penny for the bridge :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts