Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a surprise today when I took my ZO6 in for the 2yr inspection;
The guy took a look at the car, looked underneath then asked if I scrape speedbumps. I said yes. He then sent me into the customer service office where they gave me a 2year waiver. The guy said it was not worth the risk to drive it over the rollers. I asked what happened after the two years were up and he told me that he would just issue another waiver. I didn't even have to pay the $14 inspection fee. I didn't know that a waiver for ground clearance was an option. I have not lowered the car BTW. Just something to think about if you are concerned about passing MD emissions testing because of any mods.

Frank

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
You have a very :coo: inspection station :thumb:

·
Registered
498 Posts
lol...All they had to do is hook it up the the computer. Mine is VERY LOW!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
When I had my Camaro and it was too low, they just had me drive around from the front and hooked up the OBD2 port connector and passed me.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
FrankinMD said:
Got a surprise today when I took my ZO6 in for the 2yr inspection;
The guy took a look at the car, looked underneath then asked if I scrape speedbumps. I said yes. He then sent me into the customer service office where they gave me a 2year waiver. The guy said it was not worth the risk to drive it over the rollers. I asked what happened after the two years were up and he told me that he would just issue another waiver. I didn't even have to pay the $14 inspection fee. I didn't know that a waiver for ground clearance was an option. I have not lowered the car BTW. Just something to think about if you are concerned about passing MD emissions testing because of any mods.

Frank
Which one did you go to? I will probably get my notice in June.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Vrrooom said:
Thats a hike from me or Id go there. Actually have to have my emissions done by first week of April- got the notice last week.
It's a bit of a hike for me too but I'll be going down there when mine's due. I think I'll crank down those bolts a bit more... :coo:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went to the one in waldorf with my inspection ticket, didn't even bring the vette and they gave me a waiver. They wave all vettes, just show them the slip and they'll write the waiver.

·
Registered
55 Posts
"They wave all vettes, just show them the slip and they'll write the waiver."

Now that's some news! I saw a guy in a Viper getting waived at the Annapolis VEIP station on 450 but didn't know why at the time. Now I guess I know the answer.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hey guys, you talking about 2 years and I know thats the thing, but I have had mine since September 2002 and no letter yet, thats over 2.5 years, what you think is happening here? or they are just backed up, I know my mustang was right on time, and the z06 is my only other car I had for over 2 years so the rest I couldnt say, thanx :cheers:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got mine two weeks ago and I've had my vette 3 years in June so you'll be seeing it soon. As far as cars that don't need inspecting they told me vettes and vipers. They only did the computer scan on cars 93 and newer but you still have to drive over the ramps to get out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts