Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you are undoubtedly aware, Millennium Yellow (79U) and Magnetic Red (86U) exterior paints have been discontinued for the 2005 model year. Both colors will be replaced with paints originally planned for introduction on the 2006 Corvette.

Millennium Yellow will be replaced with Velocity Yellow (45U). Velocity Yellow is slightly lighter in shade than Millennium Yellow in part due to the fact that Velocity Yellow is a premium "tint coat" finish. As with other tint coats, it also gains a "depth" not seen with standard paint finishes. Velocity Yellow will be an additional cost selection.

The replacement for Magnetic Red will be Monterey Red (80U). Like Magnetic Red Monterey Red is a metallic finish that, in this case, is slightly darker than Magnetic Red. Monterey Red contains deep metallic flake and is similar, although several shades lighter, than the 2003 Anniversary Red. Monterey Red is also an additional cost selection.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I do like that Monteray red! Very nice color! :D

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
MSiska said:
I do like that Monteray red! Very nice color! :D
:yeadog:
It's beautiful !

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MSiska said:
I do like that Monterey red! Very nice color! :D
Now if we could just get the General to offer that color on the Z06. Hey GM are you listening. :screwy:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
IT L GO said:
Now if we could just get the General to offer that color on the Z06. Hey GM are you listening. :screwy:
They should offer ALL regular production colors for the Z06. Limiting the selection like they do is completely retarded.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
snakecharmer said:
They should offer ALL regular production colors for the Z06. Limiting the selection like they do is completely retarded.
:yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts