Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share this with you guys and keep it in mind if you will. I have been shopping for a 03 or 04 Z06 for over a year and have never been treated like I was treated at this dealership in 50 years of shopping. I found a 04 stripes with low miles at Porter Chevy in Delaware and was quoted a price with tax and tags out the door. When I spoke with this internet manager it was just about done deal. I told him I would call him back when I figured who I would finance through he said OK! When I called him back he couldn't recall the deal he quoted me after speaking with me and his sales team for two days on the phone back&forth. He doesn't seem to be suffering from amneseia . Then he wants to give me another deal for more money and no tax and reg. included. I told him noway we had a gentlemens agreement for the deal already. The guy is bad news I plan on taking it to his owners as soon as I make some contacts there. I just could NOT believe the treatment from this dealership and its professional way of doing bussiness. Hope nobody else gets this done to them. Please BEWARE !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just wanted to share this with you guys and keep it in mind if you will. I have been shopping for a 03 or 04 Z06 for over a year and have never been treated like I was treated at this dealership in 50 years of shopping. I found a 04 stripes with low miles at Porter Chevy in Delaware and was quoted a price with tax and tags out the door. When I spoke with this internet manager it was just about done deal. I told him I would call him back when I figured who I would finance through he said OK! When I called him back he couldn't recall the deal he quoted me after speaking with me and his sales team for two days on the phone back&forth. He doesn't seem to be suffering from amneseia . Then he wants to give me another deal for more money and no tax and reg. included. I told him noway we had a gentlemens agreement for the deal already. The guy is bad news I plan on taking it to his owners as soon as I make some contacts there. I just could NOT believe the treatment from this dealership and its professional way of doing bussiness. Hope nobody else gets this done to them. Please BEWARE !
Being an ex-salesman... I don't think the guy had the balls to tell you that the car had been sold. Sorry about the unprofessional way you were treated. I never ever lied to my customers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Three problems I see here. First, you say you had a "almost done deal." In that business, if its not sewn up the deal is almost certain to get away. Second, there is seldom a "GENTLEMANS AGREEMENT" in shopping for a Corvette, let alone a Z06. Third, you say youve been looking over a year for an 02-04 Z06,which next to a C6Z06, the C5Z (ANY C5Z) is the second hottest car out there right now. Im not taking the salesmans side here because there are a lot of sleazy salesmen, but unless you drop some dough down and get something in writing (a receipt), more than likely they will sell it out from under you!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Three problems I see here. First, you say you had a "almost done deal." In that business, if its not sewn up the deal is almost certain to get away. Second, there is seldom a "GENTLEMANS AGREEMENT" in shopping for a Corvette, let alone a Z06. Third, you say youve been looking over a year for an 02-04 Z06,which next to a C6Z06, the C5Z (ANY C5Z) is the second hottest car out there right now. Im not taking the salesmans side here because there are a lot of sleazy salesmen, but unless you drop some dough down and get something in writing (a receipt), more than likely they will sell it out from under you!!
Thanx! for input but, the car is still there but, no tax&reg. included this time and more money also for the car. I'm not looking for an 02 only 03 or 04 model year, only because I don't like the big back window after 04 year Z06.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Never consider a deal done until you have put some or all the money down. I agree that it was either already sold or he was offered more money for it.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Being an automobile salesman for 14 years now, I have only worked at 2 dealerships - which means I live off repeat sales and referrals (same as in any sales area, BTW!). I have always been up front with people about consummating a deal. This requires a DEPOSIT and a signed SALES ORDER! Pretty simple stuff. Those two items eliminate ALL of the problems outlined above. There is no such thing as an "almost done deal" in car sales - unless there is only ONE salesman in the dealership! I try to avoid phone deals altogether. The only way I do them is taking a credit card deposit over the phone and then immediately faxing a sales order for signatures. Protect your "deal" with an offer of deposit - even if the salesperson doesn't ask for one. If he/she refuses, then move on - something is wrong.:yeadog:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts