Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer that ordered a 05 Coupe from me on Mon. He told me that he was on the Corvette website mid day on Mon. building his Coupe when the website updated with the 06 model info for about 30 min. He said he was able to start building a 2006 Z06 with pricing and that the base price was $57,600.00. Before he was able to finish the website changed back to 05 model info. I am only passing this info on and did not see this for my self but it sure would be nice.:)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
[email protected] Les Stanford said:
I have a customer that ordered a 05 Coupe from me on Mon. He told me that he was on the Corvette website mid day on Mon. building his Coupe when the website updated with the 06 model info for about 30 min. He said he was able to start building a 2006 Z06 with pricing and that the base price was $57,600.00. Before he was able to finish the website changed back to 05 model info. I am only passing this info on and did not see this for my self but it sure would be nice.:)
Impossible.

If it's true, then you can write-off coupe sales.... :D

And, the used values for C5's will sink to all-time lows.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
defender said:
Impossible.

I'm willing to forget about both of those facts. Please let it be true.

·
Registered
373 Posts
defender said:
Impossible.

Ditto on that. Not that I wouldn't love it to be that price, but the value of the C5 would die and the standard C6 coupe would be obsolete at only a few thousand less...

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Dream on :blush:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
could be the same thing that the Dodge website does with the Viper Ram, It starts out as somethig like $20000, then the viper motor is something like a $7000 option but in asterisks it says you must get the package that cost something like $14000, thats the complete SRT-10 Ram, which then equals to $4x,xxx price tag...

so add $7000 for the LS7 and you get $64600+ :-?

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
[email protected] Les Stanford said:

Wow, wouldn't that be awesome!!!
Have to wonder.....computer glitch????!! Sure hope it stuck!!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
mjustmike said:
Wow, wouldn't that be awesome!!!
Have to wonder.....computer glitch????!! Sure hope it stuck!!
Or could be an IT worker was loading this information supposedly in a test environment and accidentally promoted the change to production/on-line?? That happens and when they catch their mistake they yank it off of the on-line section.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The guys up top have not even decided on the final price. They have a range from $65K-$85K and it is most likely going to be $72.5

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
itsaz said:
Bait 'n switch :D

:rofl: :rofl: GM is turning into one big/ giant dealership!! J/K
No offense Rick!!

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I don't know what the base is for a C6 six speed coupe...but I tend to think its around 44 grand..?

Its not impossible to imagine 57,600 as a base Z06 cost...then just add option packages...

Its unlikely that it will be at that price in my opinion...but 13 grand extra over a base coupe for a base C6 Z06 is not totally out of wack..

Doubtful but it would set the stage for the automotive media to go insane over the car all over again..

It'll go nuts at 62 base/65 base...but at 57.6 the media and auto enthusiasts will go hog wild and have to be committed to an insane asylum...

Would be fun...to watch! Might happen..but who knows till the end of the month..

·
Banned
39 Posts
If you check my posts for the last year, I have been saying that GM needed to stay within $10k over a similarly optioned coupe in order for the Z to sell.
I think this is prudent decision for GM.
Now, if GM offers an option for a removable top on the Z, they will sell every one they can produce.

Give the majority what we want GM.
A removable top option for the Z.

·
Registered
225 Posts
The base coupe - with 400 HP - is only $44K and change.

The Z06 at around $57K or $58K is not too big of a stretch, and won't cannibalize coupe sales too much. Let's face it, 400 HP is MORE than enough for 80-90% of the people out there. Some will like the targa top, or want a convertible. And $14 grand isn't chump change to most people - it's a big leap. A LOT more people can afford a car for $44-$50K than can afford $58-$65K (with options). Look at sales of Corvettes vs. 911s if you don't believe me.

$25K is too much of a gap, in my opinion. Sure, there are the die-hard people with money to burn who will buy it at $69K, but not 20%. No way 20% of people will pay over 50% more for 25% more horsepower. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Definitely interesting thats for sure. How bout you just find out and tell us rick...thatll settle this once and for all.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
I ask Chevrolet this morning what the Z06 price range will be. Here is their reply.
Thank you for contacting Chevrolet. We appreciate your interest in the 2006
Chevrolet Corvette Z06! We apologize; there is very limited information on the
Corvette Z06 at this time. Chevrolet has not officially announced a price range
other than to say the product will be priced competitively in the High Sport
Segment and will continue Corvette's tradition of high performance per dollar.

When it comes time to purchase, GM may have some great incentives in your area,
please check with your local dealer for all available incentives. Incentive
eligibility is based on a number of factors including program dates, credit
approval and geographical residency. Please check with your dealer for further
details

To obtain updated information regarding the Corvette Z06, please continue to
visit www.chevrolet.com or contact your preferred dealership as the production
date (July 25, 205) gets closer.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I also beleive that the price will be in high 50s K.

"Best car ever for under 60k!!! , priced at 59,999k!!!!" And this way - cars will sell, GM is happy and we are HAPPY!!!

sounds about right!

62-65k out of the door! (including tax and crap)!!!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I think the price that everyone is freaking out about (the ~$70K price) is a '06 Z06 with the 2LZ package and polished wheels (basically, with every option more or less....give or take the front license plate mount assembly). I am expecting the base Z06 to come in at around 60K and then you choose 1LZ or 2LZ (but you have to get one of them, I believe). So the final MSRP price could ring in at somewhere between 65K and 70K. Even a tad more if Velocity Yellow as I understand they are charging a wee bit more for that "premium" color. Correct me if I'm wrong...the brochure showed that.

Anyway, I'm on the list and my broker says I get mine first week or two of September. I get it at MSRP plus a $500.00 broker fee. Velocity Yellow... 2LZ....polished wheels....everything by the front plate bracket.

Ya, that price is a bit high, but considering what my first option for a sports car was (2005 911 GT3), I'd say I'm doing OK. I sold my '02 Monte Carlo SS for $15K (still smelled like new...100% garage kept) and sold my converted 6-speed T56 '96 Impala SS for $14K ($3K over private party book) and had some cash already saved up.

For those of you who constantly gloat about the Z06 price being too high... you're being blind to what you get. The amount of engineering that went into this car is bar none and it's a very different car compared to a standard C6 (even with the RPO Z51 package). I think the price is fair. Sure I'd like to see it lower, but hey...you get what you pay for, right?

Personally, I don't mind the price being a little higher... if it means less sales, that means less production, which means a rarer car, and finally less depreciation.

I've never owned a 'Vette. It's easy for a previous/current 'Vette (even Z06) owner to say "I like mine just the way it is". I drove my co-workers 95 Coupe today and it still hauls ass after 10 years. Basically, what I'm trying to say is "To each his own". No complaints from me.

Personally (in my humble *opinion*), I hate all this cross talk and banter (and whining) about the price. It is what it is and if you don't like it, don't buy it. GM has an agenda and they have made up their minds.... web site test snafu's, rumors, or the like....they've already set the price and we can't change it now.

Sorry for the ranting. I know I'm too new to this list to rant this much, but what the heck.

I look forward to meeting some of you someday when I get the Z. I'm in the San Jose, CA area and work on the peninsula, so if you see a VY '06Z on 101 or 85, it's probably me.

--Baz :z: :thumb:

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Baz,This is an internet forum. Crosstalk, Banter and yes a little whining are what we're here for. ;)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts