Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U.S. Army Vietnam Veteran and proud to be an American!

Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Retired Navy here . . . 26 years military service . . . 1969 - 95.
God bless America, home of the brave and land of the free!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Son of US Army officer retired, US Army veteran and soldier in RVN, father to current infantry leutenant in 82nd Airborne (who will be first in to any ground action in this War).

My prayers go out for America, the safety of all of our sons and daughters in the services, and the eradication of terrorism with the least loss of further US and innocent lives globally.

Some additional random thoughts:

Please recognize that all of our actions can potentially spawn new generations of terrorists and that anyone who has the willingness to blow themselves up can eventually get through our security measures. What we are looking at here is not a desert storm type action but something more similar to Viet Nam, a long and protracted affair. It will be so sustained an action that our national and collective attention span for addressing this will need to be lengthened beyond our average tolerance.

We are going to give up lots of our freedom and privacy as we react to this.

Remember also that these people do not have to follow any rules for decency and that life is not at all sacred to them. We may therefor have to decide to be as ruthless as them by creating more terror in their hearts than they have in ours. This attitude must be cultivated, coordinated, and shared by allied nations globally and we need to delay Armageddon while doing all of this.

I believe as private citizens, we now need to think of our own behavior on the next hijacked plane. We must not say this is someone else's problem to come and address or believe that we are being taken to Cuba for a short interuption of our trip. We need to be willing to do what was apparently done in PA this week or alternately get on our cell phones and direct the F-16's to our wing tip.

For the veterans..... we are, for the first time in recent history, fighting the battles on our own shores now and just like before its for keeps. Also, just like before, the enemy is determined. Has it hit you? We can't do our tours and go home folks. Put your game face on...... the name of the game is war and the stakes...... you bet your life AND THIS TIME your way of life.

For the christians among us..... This, by nature, is not simply a war between countries but it is a war between good and evil and is therefor unwinnable by military or covert action. We will always have good and evil in the world. As believers we also know that this is a war that was already won for all eternity by our savior on the cross. We, as a country, will wage war and seek justice now but also having an eye to eternity, we will remove this scourge in a way that befits our country's foundation of trust in a God who is ultimately in control. Resolve was a well chosen word. God Bless America!

·
Registered
291 Posts
USAF 1964 - 1985, 20 of those 21 years in B-52 maintenance outfits, would love to be asked to help load bombs on the first one of them to fly over Afganistan.

Roy

·
Registered
396 Posts
USCG - Veteran. My Thoughts and Prayers go out to all that are a part of this effort.

Proud to be an American!

·
Registered
991 Posts
US Army

Joined in 1964, served my time then spent another 15 yrs in US Army reserves. I too would go back if needed. God bless our country, the men and women working round the clock in NY and DC and the familys of those lost in that fatal Tues.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Son of a 3 war veteran who is still alive and well in Plano, TX.

I'm 35 now and would do my Country and Father proud in anyway I could, should it be needed. I sincerely mean that. And I know I'm in shape to do it.

God Bless America and the ladies and gentlemen who have fought in the past. Thank you!

RG

·
Registered
373 Posts
Son of a WW2 Naval Iwo Jima survivor and his wife, a former civilian HQ battle staff Army Logistics Officer.

USAF, EOD, 5yrs.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
1984 -1986 US ARMY Special assignment at the Pentagon Assigned to the Chief of Staff of the Army's office (General Wickam) Resided at Fory Myer, VA home of the OLD GUARD

1986 -1989 US ARMY Reserve 12th Special Forces Group

IRR status just expired, but will re-up if needed.

Joe

1 - 20 of 90 Posts