Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, sorry Robz I stole your line....

...well it's worth a try. Why not try out this little track in NJ? I go almost every Friday and rarely ever see another Vette there. Last week I got stuck hanging out with 4 turbo Buicks, 2 of which beat me :mad: I need help representing the Vette community.
$25 bucks and all the rice you can beat is included, bring a good set of brakes there is very little room to stop after the finish line. Where else can you see 15 second Mustangs get trailored in? C'mon, try some place new, even if it's old...
6-10:30, racing starts at 6:30

Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, don't all jump in at once. The track isn't big enough for all of us. :pp:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Dave,

I'd love to go, but I'll be busy Friday evening preparing the famous Benson barbecue beef on the stick for Joe's mod party at ECS on Saturday. :yeadog: BTW, you are invited to come...should be a whole lot of fun! :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Dave:

I was at Island a lot last year. How's it going?

Rich

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Richard Branca said:
Hey Dave:

I was at Island a lot last year. How's it going?

Rich
Yeah, I remember, you have the Silver Z with headers?
If you get bored Friday night come on down. I was there last week and made one pass, sometimes I just like to watch, I ran 11.80 @ 122 which is good for me at that track. My buddies Buicks ran 11.39 and 11.75, I'm sure I could have caught the 11.75 but not 11.39...Maybe when I get ET Streets. I've been there 5 times this year and seen 3 other Vettes, only two were racing, a C5 and a C3.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don Benson said:
Dave,

I'd love to go, but I'll be busy Friday evening preparing the famous Benson barbecue beef on the stick for Joe's mod party at ECS on Saturday. :yeadog: BTW, you are invited to come...should be a whole lot of fun! :thumb:

Don
"Benson Barbeque Beef on the stick" :eyes:

Sounds tempting, I may just have to come, I think I saw a sticky on this event, I'll go check it out right now.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's going to be crowded if all of you show up.....

Oh wait, I'm the only one going :cry:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I see you like my little marketing technique. :D I feel the same way you do. So many times I find myself the only vette at the track. It's a bummer. Come down to the mod party on Saturday. Maybe we'll stop by Englishtown afterwards with a crew.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I would go if my oil pump worked :mah:

Car is at the dealer now being repaired . . . But I will prob. be at ECS sat.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Richard Branca said:
I would go if my oil pump worked :mah:

Car is at the dealer now being repaired . . . But I will prob. be at ECS sat.
Oil pump, you should have had them throw in a cam while it was apart, that is a big job. I don't think they can unbolt the pump without taking off the timing cover?? That sucks, hopefully it is the gauge.

If it rains Friday I'm going to ECS, but I'm not driving to NJ 2 days in a row, too many miles for my garage queen :p

Rob,
Sounds like a plan, count me in if it rains Friday, I'll show up for some of that "Benson beef on a stick" (after all, I have medical insurance ;) ) and tag along to Etown...but one day, you guys have to trek out to tracks closer to me like Island or Maple Grove, both have T&T on friday nights....MG has pretty good air and the track is usually very well prepped....Maybe you can give me more launching tips then too?

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts