Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me be the first to say that Z06Kern is a stand up guy and a great guy to be around. His car is BY FAR the BADDEST Z06 Ive seen in person. I origionally thought he was going to spary a 75 shot.... on the 75 shot his car made 608hp-622tq SAE

when we showed up at the spot he tells me he's spraying a 100 shot... He sprayed 100 on everyrace and we didnt get a motor to motor race at all.... On the 100 shot, the guys said the car should go at least 10.50's with him driving it... before we raced, I posted on Z06 vette asking what a car like this would run and most said high 9's-low 10's....

To the races....

we went 4 times back to back to back to back...

The first race we went from a 50-55 roll, I started in second and we took off at the exact same time. I spun pretty bad, as you can see in the chase car vid, the tires actually smoked a halfsecond... lol, his 345 BFG DR's DEAD hooked! His car immediately jumped a car on me and I pounded third and the rest of the race to 140+ mph, 7k rpm in 4th gear in my car we did not move on eachother.... When my car hit 7k in 4th gear, he was 1 car ahead, I lost

We turn around on our legal race track and clean off the tires a bit....

The second run we went from a 50 roll and we both dead hooked. In the video, which he will post in the next few days, you can see it looks like we are just driving normal next to eachother but when I let off at 14x mph when I hit 7k rpm's in 4th gear.... I was a half car in front and when I let off, he kept pulling through his 3.42's. No doubt if I shifted to 5th, he WALKS me HARD

The third run we went from a 65 roll and we both hooked and it was the same result as the last race, I was ahead by a half car at 7k rpm in 4th... if we keep going, he walks me....

The forth run was a 65 roll as well, we both hooked again and as soon as Im ready to bang 4th, we are DEAD even... then a white Chevy Caprice enters the highway and I put the Bembo brakes to work..... as you can see in the incar Z vid, I disappear quite quick!!!

It was some old guy in an Ex-cop car but better safe than sorry.... we ended the night after that, and went back and watched the videos from both cameras and then parted our ways. He said he'd call me when the vids are up and I will post the link to them!

I was quite impressed with the kb car with NO SPRAY

Again, props to Z06Kern as he has a badass car. Once his bottle heater gets working right and ups the shot, his car will definately be a bad ass car

Heres the video from the trail car, WUPLASH (03 Cobra, [email protected] with 1.92 60' @ 455hp-500tq).... the incar vid we got from the Z will be up in the next few days and is 10x better than this vid but this vid is not too shabby cuz you can hear how loud the two cars are!!!!

right click and save it as....

chase car ([email protected] with 1.92 60' 03 Cobra coupe!!!!
http://chronictel.net/videos/cobra/427z.mpg

Z06 INCAR VIDEO!!!!
http://chronictel.net/videos/misc/svtdubs/kern.mov

another vid of both cars on the dyno and a ride in SVTdubs' car
http://chronictel.net/videos/cobra/vettedubs.mpg

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Pretty cool video...I'd fire the camera man though. That's a sweet Cobra! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
reasonably speaking the chase car is a lil faster than a stock 02+ Z......I'm hoping he was on it as he chased them.....its amazing how fast those two just walked away from what is a pretty fast car chasing them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was quite impressed with the kb car with NO SPRAY

Nice Cobra!

Keep in mind though that the nitrous isn't just a dose of horsepower magic, it is simply oxygenating the fuel similar to the way your blower setup does.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
his car is for real, no doubt.... The nicest looking/soundind Z Ive ever seen with a down to earth driver who just liked to run.... couldnt ask for more than that!!!! Z06Kern has the other in car vid which is a lot better but I thought it would be cool to just hear the cars from a different angle...

no doubt his car would walk me if I would have shifted to 5th gear but with me maxing out my fuel system, I didnt want to risk it as I just got my car back friday... Im dropping it back off today, sunday, for the fuel system and more nitrous... this time it will be safe under load and not just on the dyno... my car is over 4000 lbs because its a VERT!!!

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Reading the thread was better than watching that video. ANTI SHAKE? OPTICAL IMAGE STABILIZATION? Otherwise, it "SOUNDED" good. (Eyeballs still bouncing up and down) Better than my runs last night! :cheers:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its the BEST, worst investment Ive ever made....lol

believe it or not, Ive been taken care of by many parts distributers/tuners.... I have less than $15,000 in the car TOTAL!!!!!! including tires and all the little parts! See mod list in sig where it says click here.... its a lot of "hook ups" for only 15k.

I know the Z has way more $ in it even after the car cost itself but its not a $ vs $ debate. I hate it when people say well if his car was blown or if you gave me the price difference and I put it in my car bullcrap...

Its just two badass cars having a friendly grudge match. His motor is stout and he could throw a 200 shot on top of it but when I was talking with him, he sounded down to earth just like me. We spend all this $ on the car, why throw a 200 shot at it and push the NEW motor to its limits. Same with my car, it made 830-880 on 23psi and a 125 shot on the dyno but how long would that last, honestly...

We both are going to go well under the cars potential because we spent so much time and money on the cars, we want them to last...

If I get beat, I shake the persons hand, not make an excuse. IE the first race, I spun and lost.... simple, I lost!!! People are too hard nosed to admit they got beat... who cares, its not the world series or something honestly.... its all in good fun! I need more people like Z06Kern to race with.... no doubt the crew we went out with was the perfect group to go with without all the "racing drama" bullcrap. We got there, did what we needed to do, and got out.....

then watched the videos.... lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.