Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rutiger said:
is this the video you're talking about? http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80010

if so, the yellow vette is not a c6 z06, but rather a modded c6.
It probably is the same video (the original link in the above post is dead).

A modified C6 makes more sense. I did not expect the new Z to be that fast in stock form.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
i plan on running that fast with some tires on it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
That was a good video, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
296 Posts
vgrift said:
A modified C6 makes more sense. I did not expect the new Z to be that fast in stock form.

Thanks.
I fully expect the C6Z to run in the mid 11's on stock tires. With DR's and great driver(as was the case with the Yellow C6) it would get 11.3.

Even with short shifting and bad traction, the Black Z did a 123.23 mph trap and best 12.068 ET. 123.23mph is not too far off 125mph. There was also unconfirmed claim of 126.7mph for the Z that day.

In anycase, just imagine a properly broken in C6Z, with good driver and better condition in September/October, you'd see some very nice ET's in the low 11's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If the price is what the rumors reflect, it needs to do more than that. Paying 75k for a car to get smoked by an 8k 600cc sport bike - pass.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Fragile said:
If the price is what the rumors reflect, it needs to do more than that. Paying 75k for a car to get smoked by an 8k 600cc sport bike - pass.
First, let assume you are right that a 600cc can beat the new Z. I guess then, no one should purchase a Ferrari F430, or a porsche 911 turbo or Viper either. Because those I just mentioned cost even more and can't even beat the vette.

If your [email protected] logic prevails, we should all just get rid of all sportcars and ride your crouchrocket.

·
Registered
195 Posts
"If the price is what the rumors reflect, it needs to do more than that. Paying 75k for a car to get smoked by an 8k 600cc sport bike - pass."

Except that a 600cc bike can't smoke it. Especially in a mile long race.

So dumb.

·
Registered
104 Posts
TetraU said:
First, let assume you are right that a 600cc can beat the new Z. I guess then, no one should purchase a Ferrari F430, or a porsche 911 turbo or Viper either. Because those I just mentioned cost even more and can't even beat the vette.

If your [email protected] logic prevails, we should all just get rid of all sportcars and ride your crouchrocket.
Ditto what he said!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts