Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 10-minute video with a lot of cool passing of other cars. Watch Porsches, Mustangs, MR2s, Alfa Romeos and even a Viper succumb to the fast imperative known as the Z06.

The commentary is intended as some fun irreverance, so you slow pokes driving the other makes, please don't take the comments personally.

This is from the end of my 3rd practice session at Buttonwillow on 5/28.

Click here to proudly view your car mark in action:
http://message.viditalk.com/ver12/showvideo0313.asp?vid=38504.513179-5599

:usa: :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Looking good, very nice vid :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Great lunchtime viewing. Thnaks!

chris

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
was that the corvette wave I saw as you passed the silver one LOL

·
Registered
350 Posts
OK, now that you have proven you can beat up on the DE guys, strap a cage in that thing and come on out to T1...and really refine your skills. :thumb: :yeadog:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wtknght1:

I am hoping to try my hand at T1 next spring. I plan to buy another car rather than build my current one out.

It seems the race opportunities are slim on the west coast.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Oli

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Great video. Thank you!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
You just don't realize how well these cars work until you have spent some time on a road course.

The skill level of the driver and how aggressive they are makes a big difference in any car, but these cars are just plain awsome in there natural setting A ROAD COURSE !.

Nice vid Oli, thanks for sharing

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Thanks again for the great vid Oli. What is the cable over the dash and the red "light" or switch for?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Olitho said:
wtknght1:

Oli
:eek:o: Who told you that?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Sandford:

The cable on the dash is for my UltraLap timer so I can see my lap times from within the car. The cable runs to the infrared receiver on the windshied. It mount via velco and I need to be able to move it to each side of the windshield depending on whether the track is being run clockwise or counter clockwise.

The red you see is a bit of velcro tie strap on the A/C vent to hold the cable in place, otherwise it flies around under the G-forces.

Greg, nobody told me the races are slim, I just came to that opionion after looking at the race schedules. I have raced motorcycles off-road for 20 years. Any given weekend I have my choice of where to go and what type of event to do. For T1 races, well, there just seems to be a few.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Olitho said:
wtknght1:

I am hoping to try my hand at T1 next spring. I plan to buy another car rather than build my current one out.

Oli
There are plenty of races out here - just not enough T1 cars.
Right now there are 3 competing cars in the state that I know of. I run most all the regionals and nationals and we'd love to have another T1 guy. I do know of an 01 Z06 that is caged and near T1 form available in SoCal for a decent price.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts