Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Brian:

That is so cool!!!! :D :cheers: :D :cheers:

I loaded the shorter version since I have the slo-poke telephone thingee, but really enjoyed your video! Thanks for posting this! :cheers:

ZIPPY :D :D

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Thanks for bringing the link to the forum. That was one exciting video!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I loaded the shorter version since I have the slo-poke telephone thingee, but really enjoyed your video!
Zippy, no credits to me - I just stumbled across it. Glad you enjoyed it!

Now if we can just get Dave Schotz to share some video of the autocross runs that took him to 2nd place at nationals... How 'bout it Dave??

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I originally posted this, I hadn't watched the big video of the Lotus Elise and the street vette at Nurburgring. The Lotus is seriously race prepared - you can hear the Hewland race trans, etc..

But the track.. WOW. Of course I've seen footage of the track before. But this really puts the technical challenge of such a huge track into perspective. Pretty wild when your 'session' is one lap..

http://www.smudo.com/smudo/bigdata/elise_vs_corvette.mpg

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks for the video neet stuff!:)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Z06 vs. 650 had me smiling. Also, the guy in the Lotus seemed "a bit nutty." Very entertaining...
Yeah.. I think he was pretty excited when the 'vette was held up by traffic and he knew he was going to catch him in the turns. But even if he had gotten by, the vette would have taken him on the big straight. He was definitely having fun..

That Lotus was a very high downforce car. In addition to the big rear wing you can see the front splitter in one of the shots. Probably weighs 1600-1800 lbs..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts