Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my Z back from Vinci High Performance in Orlando. They installed a Crane cam, crane gold race rockers, 1.8 cromo push rods, dual valve springs, ti retainers, dual row timing chain, Vinci carbon air box and Supermaxx LT header system w/ cats and X pipe. Stayed with Ti exhuast but, will add GHL's next. Car feels like a different car. What a change performance and sound. Roger and his crew did a professional install. :cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
What a tease!!! What were the numbers? :D

Congrats on the new power! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yeah where's the #'s? Im going with almost the same set up, I am gonna use vinci's 056 cam .551/.551 216/224 115, with the crane 1.89 rockers its gonna be pretty stout.

·
Registered
407 Posts
eviLS6 said:
Yeah where's the #'s? Im going with almost the same set up, I am gonna use vinci's 056 cam .551/.551 216/224 115, with the crane 1.89 rockers its gonna be pretty stout.
Evils6, please let me know after you install this cam... I too i'm interested in this.. I did the 062 cam, in October, but the 056 was not available. The 062 has alots of torque down low & mid- I'm told the 056 should abit less, but similar torque with more hp(15-20)...

:coo:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Crane cam I had installed is the 056 Vinci that evils6 will use. Roger Vinci works with Crane Cams. Sorry I didn't have the numbers with me on the first post. Stock- 329.1 rwhp and 327.7 tq. After 385.3 rwhp and 387.7 tq.I have to take it back and do another tune as a front came in and it rained everyday. Should be a little better. Power comes on way earlier and harder. Nice lope at idle. The car behaves pretty much like stock in traffic, etc. I wanted a nice sounding lope with good reliability and a cam that will work with a S/C (next) :yeadog:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Was this an eddy current dyno (Mustang)? Dont mean this as an insult at all to the setup. I just would have guessed 405-420.

Edit - read you had an intake...perhaps the 2nd tune will get it up over 400?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would have to agree with Z06modder, the power does seem a bit low, but since you started at rwhp 329, which is a bit low for a Z.... Please informed us/me after your next tune... I personal can't say enough about Vinici-Great outfit!!

To give you an idea, I'm at 420 with a very conservative tune...
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
329 baseline does seem a bit low...:-?

My 01 Z06 dyno'd 336 stock and my 02 Z06 dyno'd 351 stock...all on dynojets 248 corrected.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I not trying to rain on your party at all but I had those numbers on my 02 with just headers and intake, after a cam got 409 rwhp. I would think you would be near that. Is your car an 01 or 02? Maybe a 01 would have that much.
Maybe after your next tune you will get a little more,

·
Registered
104 Posts
Bikeone, that sounds great, I think we all like a little loop in traffic. Sounds reliable and traffic friendly to boot. If you would be so kind, what kind of money are talking about for parts and labor..again you have good taste in HP...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts