Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at there VIR event in a month.
Fairly pricey but one hell of alot of track time. Figure 3 days for $900 but you get almost 7 hours of track time, meals,etc..

Also nice to run with other quick cars and not get stuck behind miata's,etc..

Didn't know if anyone else had ever run with them..
:yeadog:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I did in the past, Pocono Long Coarse, yes meals and yes lots of track time.. Lots of track time. I did like almost five hours of track time. Three tanks of gas. I stopped at almost five hours because I was was very tired.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So maybe signing up for FRiday half day and then the weekend will work.
Hmmm... $900 but sounds like 8 hours track time over 3 days.

I will ovbiously need extra rotors, pads, etc..
:cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've instructed with them. They have a very nice operation. They keep times with transponders and then grid the cars in the group by lap times so there is less passing and congestion.

George E.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
I am headed to VIR tomorrow, just missing Viper days-actually going to pick up my viper on my way down-but tracking the Z06 this wknd

hope there will be some still around to run with:thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have really enjoyed Viper Days a VIR the last 2 years. Courtney and Skip put on a 1st class event. There are lots of vipers to chase down, and you might even get to run with a comp coupe. :guiness:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, looks awesome.
Signed up for July 15-17th VIR event. Guess running in super mod. due to the Cup tires so will likely get blown away since don't have the mods you can have to run in that class.

Should be fun just to run with a bunch of quick high $ cars for a change and hopefully no slow moving miata's, 300z's,etc..

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
TeddyZ06 said:
I have really enjoyed Viper Days a VIR the last 2 years. Courtney and Skip put on a 1st class event. There are lots of vipers to chase down, and you might even get to run with a comp coupe. :guiness:

love the oak tree:thumb:

can't wait to get on the track tomorrow :jammin:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Yeah, looks awesome.
Signed up for July 15-17th VIR event. Guess running in super mod. due to the Cup tires so will likely get blown away since don't have the mods you can have to run in that class.

Should be fun just to run with a bunch of quick high $ cars for a change and hopefully no slow moving miata's, 300z's,etc..
I wouldn’t worry about the rules as they apply more towards the Vipers.

There are 4 groups - Green (beginners), Blue (intermediate), and White (advance). The race guys and girls are in the Red group.
Courtney can move you up or down if needed.

Here are some of my videos from last year.
Vipers at VIR 1
Vipers at VIR 2
Comp Coupe at VIR 3

·
Registered
457 Posts
:D Some of us Z06'ers from Atlanta have been running with Viper Days @ VIR since 2002.

Skip, Courtney, and the Viper Days group put on a ...

" FIRST CLASS " Event.

;) A few of us were down at Sebring the end of April and had a great time running with those Monster Vipers. I think there will be a larger number of Vette's at VIR !!!

IF Y'all would lke additional info... send me PM !!!

Cya @ the track,

Trumper

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now if I timed those right it looked like you were running low 2:20 lap times about.
And you were flying by these vipers like they were standing still.
Do any of those guys know how to drive??
:bang:

·
Registered
457 Posts
:z:
Silver Bullet said:
Now if I timed those right it looked like you were running low 2:20 lap times about.

;) Come on out for Viper Days and find out !!!

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
just got back fm VIR, had several guys in my run group (advanced) go off the track, a really sweet ACR went home on a trailer unfortunately.

good wknd, lots of sun, and great running conditions:thumb:

might try to make Viper Days in July, but will be there in my GTS running novice group so I can get used to the car

·
Registered
200 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Faster drivers in the advance group. I was near the top of the intermediate group last year with a 2:19.5 as my best time. No street tires for me this year.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sent in forms electronically but no email confirmation yet.
Signed up for 1/2 friday and full weekend.
Need to get car cross corner weighted when there as nearly 90 lbs off.
I went to different tires and rims so rake likely changed as well.
Used to have 25.6 in front and 26.1 tires in rear and now have 25.1 in front and 25.5 in rear.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
Sent in forms electronically but no email confirmation yet.
Signed up for 1/2 friday and full weekend.
Need to get car cross corner weighted when there as nearly 90 lbs off.
I went to different tires and rims so rake likely changed as well.
Used to have 25.6 in front and 26.1 tires in rear and now have 25.1 in front and 25.5 in rear.

Was that you driving in #37? If so, you were quick. I ran a best time of 2:11.683 on Sunday. I only drove Saturday and Sunday on the track.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That was me in the #37.
Yeah Friday was my faster day. A bunch of 2:12's with a high 2:10 and several 2:11's thrown in there.
Was much cooler (like 70's and overcast).
Best I could muster all weekend was a high 2:11 on sunday. Damn 95 degree heat was crazy.
:puke:

Enjoyed running with these guys. Was pricey but a blast running with a bunch of fast cars and not any dogs. I think in the white group the slowest was upper 2:19's and there were a few comp coupes running 2:09's on the quick end. Although they should have been about 5 seconds quicker.

I also finally figured out my Pilot Cup tires and they finally ran hot enough in the 90+ degree heat.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe I got this wrong, but I heard there some kind of rule at Viper Days events that you have to run Michelin brand tires?

·
Registered
161 Posts
They give awards for the "Michelin Challenge Series" - vipers only, so we can't play. The restriction is michelin tires only for that...

I was at the event last weekend at VIR - well done overall. I didn't see any more jackasses than at the mazda event a couple of weeks previously, had more track time, and had very little traffic to deal with (well, except the couple of idiots who thought they were MUCH faster than they were...but if I made it to the grid on time, I'd start in front of the slower traffic anyway --> they grid based on the fastest lap time from your previous session). To give you an idea of the speeds in the intermediate group - I ended up in the top two of three spots (2:19.7) - they ranged from there to 2:40 or so.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts