Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Viper Days Arrive & Drive

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GPM 
#1 ·
Hello Z06 Owners. There is a new program available you may find interesting. It is called Arrive & Drive at Viper Days. Viper Days Michelin Challenge Series is a 12 race series that competes at different road course tracks throughout the US. In this series, the cars are designated into 1 of 7 classes based on the extent of modifications. The cars compete in a Solo format with the fastest lap time at the end of the event determining the winner for each class. You receive 2 hours of track time per day. This program is designed for you to Fly in, compete in the Viper Days Michelin Challenge Series for three days, and fly home. Imagine driving at some of the most famous tracks in America in a track prepared Viper GTS. Expert instruction, professional track support, and standard consumables are included. So, if you are interested in driving an incredible performance car at speed, want to compete at some great tracks, are tired of your performance car being snow bound and need a fix, or are looking for an unforgettable gift for a special someone, then check us out at www.g-pmotorsports.com or contact us at 480-348-0718 or at info@g-pmotorsports.com. For more information about Viper Days go to www.viperdays.com

#2 ·
Interesting BUT...

1. Credentials of instructors are suspect.
2. To do the series would cost 30-40k plus travel, hotels, and hidden costs.
3. To do 1 event might be interesting but if I'm going to spend that kind of $$ I'll go to the Justin Bell school and be instructed in a car that can kick the Viper's butt!! Instructors have far better credentials there, than any instructors listed in the Viper ad.

This series is just what a Viper owner needs. Most can't drive their cars very well (I've only seen 1 and he's sold his car) and they could use the practice...as could most that own performance cars.

Bob

#3 ·
Bob,

Not too sure where you got the info on the Viper Days instructors, but we have no intention of placing someone behind the wheel of a $75,000 car without a qualified instructor. All instructors have years of experience both racing and instructing in a Viper. The team members listed on our website are not instructors, they are vehicle support staff.

Yes to do the entire series would cost 30-40K. But if someone can do any 12 race series with a high end performance car cheaper I encourage them to get the car, modify it for a race series, buy a trailer, buy a tow vehicle, load up on brake pads, tires, fluids, gas, hire a pit crew, sign up a truck driver to transport the car, buy event and transportation insurance and go racing.

Justin Bell operates a fine school with great instructors (some have been instructors at Viper Days). I highly recommend it as a first step. When someone is ready for the next step of competing against other drivers for best time and driving the car by themselves after being signed off by the instructor (usually by the end of the first day) we will be ready.

I won't get into the relative ability of Viper owners, other than to suggest you check our schedule and plan to attend an event in your area. Z06s are welcome at all Viper Days events and we would look forward to comparing lap times at the end of the weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.