Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,

As you know, I considered selling my prized 427 C5R Z06 last year when I got divorced but was fortunate not have to do so. She got to keep her damned Infinity and was happy with that.

A few weeks ago there was a thread asking about the sale of ythis car and I told people I was not selling my Corvette. Well, a few dats ago I woke up with very bad double vision a week or so ago, and after a battery of diagnostic tests, found I have a chronic degenerative neorological disease. Because of the costs of treatment for the condition and the fact that driving is now much more difficult, I am electing to sell my custom made 2003 Z06 with a handmade Thunder Racing 427 C5R motor whcih generates well over 630 crank bhp and about 515 at the wheels in its present trim. This car black with a custom black red interier, it is immaculate, it is kept under cover and in a garage. It is never driven in the rain. It has 17k miles on it and has won over nine awards and has two binders of documentation. In short, it is an awesome car. I will likely be posting it on E-Bay motors in the next few days but since the car is here with me in Houston, I thought I would post it here first. I am asking $49,900k and am not willing to negotiate given the great great performance value this car represents. This car has >100 bhp advantage over the new C6 Z06 and approximately $65k in mods over and above the price of a new loaded 2003 Z06. If you are seriousy looking for one of the fastest street cars around - one that will easily blow the doors of a stock C6 Z06 - at an awesome price, and you have the cash, call me. I will not be giving test rides unless the person is serious and comes with a certified check in hand, current insurance, and valid driver's license. This car also represents a substantial savings to get better than C6 Z06 performance

If you have specific technical questions, call Angie Skinner at Thunder Racing 225-754-7223. They can also fax copies of dyno sheets etc. This Vette's VIN is 1G1YY12SX35115186

Serious Inquiries Only Please. This is hard enough as it is as sellin this car is not my first chcoice. My cell phone number is 225-505-2484 and my office e-mail is [email protected] My cell number will be changed to a Houston-based number in the next few weeks. Please call me only if you are serious and have the funds. Crank calls will be reported to the police.

Vehicle Description:
-Black 2003 Z06 w/ 427 C5R motor
-638.6 crank bhp (512 rwhp) and 606.7 crank lb-ft (503.5 rw-lb-ft) Thunder Racing Chassis Dyno.
-Torch red/black custom interior by Vette Essentials

Engine:
2003 427 C5R Z06 hand built by Thunder Racing of Baton Rouge, LA
GM 427 C5R aluminum block custom machine work by Schwartz, Inc.
Callies nodular crankshaft
Carillo rods = 298,000 psi rod bolts,
Diamond pistons
Cleavite bearings
ATP FluidDampr
Racetronic fuel pumps
38 lb/hour fuel injectors
Katech valve covers
Optima yellow top battery
Ferrea S/S valves 2.25" intake and 1.80" exhaust
Comp Cams double titanium springs, redline = 6,750
Thunder Racing AFR series 225 Stage III Heads 11.0:1.0 compression,
Thunder Racing custom grind cam for 244/248/114 lsa
Katech forged aluminum valve covers
90 mm FAST Intake custom pained Torch Red by Fisher Automotive,
90 mm TB, MAF, oil catch can,
Callaway C5 Honker (2005 design) intake system
Ron Davis 4 core radiator w/ integrated oil cooler w/ 1 qt of WaterWetter

Exhaust:
Kooks 1-7/8” long tube headers, X-pipe, cats
Borla twin-tip stinger exhaust

Transmission:
Tremec T-56 six speed manual
Rockland Standard 3.90 HD rear end
Redline MTL gear fluid

Suspension:
DRM coilovers with custom Bilstein shocks/Hypercoil springs 475 lb-rate front and 575 lb-rate rear; Z06 lowered 1.75" front and rear

Wheels/Tires
Fikse Profil 13. Three-piece 600 series aluminum. 18” front and 19” rear. Michelin Pilot Sport tires. 265/35/18 front and 295/30/19 rear.

Brakes:
Baer Racing Pro+ brakes:
Alcon 4-piston monoblock calipers front and rear w/ s/s brake lines. Calipers custom powder coated torch red
14.0 “ Eradispeed cd/s/z rotor front and 13.5” Eradispeed cd/s/z rotor rear

Interior
Vette Essentials Fire torch Red/Black/Graphite interior, 5 point SFI harnesses, 550 watt Alpine Audio, Alpine + JL = Focal speakers
Alpine security, SR7/ZR3 Electronic warfare counter measures.

Exterior
Mallett carbon fiber hood with “Old Glory” painted on engine side
Custom decals from Thunder Racing, Speed lingerie bra

Dr. Felix J. Bradbury

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Sorry to hear of your condition ! We'll say a few prayers ! Best of luck with the sale of a great lookin ride !

Rob

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
very sorry to see the conditions that require this post.....best of luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
DWS said:
very sorry to see the conditions that require this post.....best of luck!

Truly sorry to hear it. It was a sad day when I had to let my 03 Z06 go as well, but it wasn't any where near these circumstances. Prayers and best wished coming your way.

I hope it goes to a good home!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'd be all over this car if I didn't have the concern of cross-border importing.

Sorry to hear about your health....
Hope everything works out.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Best of luck to you buddy.

It was nice meeting you the other day as well.

pm sent

Cheers
G

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's one sweet ride! I'm praying that things turn around for you. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
DAMN!!! I hate to hear it. If anyone out there has any sense this is a steal.

Chris

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Beautiful car, sorry to hear you're selling it.

Good Luck, with your sale and your health.
Zrod

·
Registered
396 Posts
Best of Luck! :yeadog:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Sorry to hear and best wishes on a quick sale! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Best of luck to you. I too have a degenerative disease that, thankfully, has not affected me too much yet.

Someone is going to get a great deal on an awsome car.

Jim

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all for your kindness, thoughts and prayers. Until someone makes an offer and shows me a check, the Vette is still mine. I'll keep you posted.

To quote Abe Lincoln "No one, not in my situation can understand my great sadness at this parting. To this place and the kindness of these people, I owe everything..." (A. Lincoln, Springfield, IL, April 21, 1864)

Warmest Regards,

Felix

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
RobGrnfld said:
Best wishes to you and hope you get a quick sale...awesome car.
Exactly... take care :coo:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Good luck , and best wishes. I will include you in my nightly prayer. Please listen to your doctors. Treatment failures occur, but, they occur more frequently when one doesn't follow orders. Good luck and God Bless. The car is just a car, good luck with your life. I wish you well. Oh, one hell of a car though!!!!!!! Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
we wish you the best of luck with your health

hope you baby find a worthy home:thumb:

(thread moved to for sale section) :jammin:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts