Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Visual differences between 2001-2004 Z06's other than badges?

I can tell the 01's by the different fender badge and the 03's by the 50th anniversary badges, but I cant tell the 02 from the 04's. Are there any actual visual diffeences between those 2 years?

Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
no electron blue in 04 that year it was le mans blue and the only way you could buy a le mans blue z06 in 04 was with stripes, the rpo z16 package.not a big fan of stripes myself and the blue just shows all the rock chips more that is why i bought torch red.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
04's went to Machine Silver; Quicksilver in prior years. I think 02's still had the nuts and plastic caps at the beginning, but changed to chrome nuts during the year. 0'3's and '04's had chrome nuts. All I know visually.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
dennisZ06 said:
no electron blue in 04 that year it was le mans blue and the only way you could buy a le mans blue z06 in 04 was with stripes, the rpo z16 package.not a big fan of stripes myself and the blue just shows all the rock chips more that is why i bought torch red.
RE:Lemans Blue

Was Also Available in the 04 "Commerative" C5 Coupe and Convertable. The vert had a beige interior/looks nice with the top down.

IMHO the Lemans Blue does not look as nice without the stripes/EB is the best solid blue :ity:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Well if you're going to get the mag. glass out to look at lug nuts.
The '01s wheels have a sharper edge on the spokes.
The A and B pilars inside got larger.

·
Registered
399 Posts
DirtyZ06 said:
Ha. So let's say you have a black or red 02 and 04. How can you tell the differences between those? :)

Hehe... One is red and one is black? I couldn't resist! :ity:

·
Registered
858 Posts
DirtyZ06 said:
Ha. So let's say you have a black or red 02 and 04. How can you tell the differences between those? :)
You will have to double check this, but I think the '03 and '04s have a different headliner than the '01 and '02. My 03 has a big bump at the rear (going from b pillar to b pillar) something about head restraint in crash test?

·
Registered
390 Posts
briann510 said:
I can tell the 01's by the different fender badge and the 03's by the 50th anniversary badges, but I cant tell the 02 from the 04's. Are there any actual visual diffeences between those 2 years?

Thanks
the 02's [especially black] are FASTER! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
z06pdq said:
the 02's [especially black] are FASTER! :jammin:
You're too funny :lol:

·
Registered
292 Posts
'03s also had the 50th front and rear Vette logo badge. (different color)

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
'01s did not have the HUD which can be seen by the lack or presence of the plastic bezel ring.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
briann510 said:

Thanks
I wish SOMEONE would answer THE QUESTION!!! I'm curious too. We all know '01's didn't have HUD and didn't have "405 HP" on the fender badge and THIS blue wasn't available in THAT year and stripes go better with THAT color. Now...back to our regularly scheduled program...
DirtyZ06 said:
Ha. So let's say you have a black or red 02 and 04. How can you tell the differences between those?
Charlie

·
Registered
518 Posts
Between a Red 02 and Red 04, I don't think any external differences exist. The A pillar is 'slightly' different, but definitely nothing notable.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Vin number :p

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DirtyZ06 said:
I think asking the owner is the only way to tell...

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
niphilli said:
You will have to double check this, but I think the '03 and '04s have a different headliner than the '01 and '02. My 03 has a big bump at the rear (going from b pillar to b pillar) something about head restraint in crash test?
Yes, This is true... The GM Engineers at Carlisle brought this point up. Tom (Backlash) had a problem with the height of the 06' Z06 when he sat in it and the engineer explained how the headliner on the 03'-06' is lower than the 01'-02' to comply with government regulations. This doesn't apply to the coupe or ragtop .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts