Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a chance to test drive a brand new Z. The car only had 6 miles on it so the salesman only let me take it around the block a couple of times. He asked me to take it real easy since the car was not broken in. So I was easy on the RPMs and the car must have shifted 1st to 4th half the time! God that feature makes me angry down to my soul!

So my question is if I by the car and mod the trany to get rid of that 1st to 4th shift (a quick fix as I have understood it) do I void the waranty? Same question if I replace that Mickey Mouse shifter with a Hurst, do I loose the waranty there also?

thanks

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Hey zolong,

IMA Z06 is correct. A CAGS eliminator has no effect on warranty. I would liken it to changing wheels and tires. That certainly wouldn't raise eyebrows at the dealer with respect to voiding the factory warranty.

And just what exactly do you mean by "if I buy the car":-?

JUST DO IT :D

It will be one of the "bestest" decisions you make in this short life.

Good luck.

Charlie

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Same here that was my first mod. Man it seemed to always happen at the wrong time so I got rid of that real quick. As far as voiding the warrenty, It will not:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I already have my CAGS eliminator, and I won't have my Z until April!!!

I will find the first place I can after leaving the NCM, and install it for the long drive home to Seattle.

If you were really worried about a warranty concern, I takes 30 seconds to unplug the bypass, and return it to stock! Just do it before you take it in for work on the tranny....

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
:( What was GM thinking when they added that stupid 1-4 shift thing. This is a corvette and we don't need the "economy" shift mode! If it was economy we wanted then we could have bought the (I hate to even think this) Prism! God that hurt;) . Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It saves us all from paying the GASS GUZZLER TAX!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
70boss302...

Z0000006 was right about saving us the extra money for the gas guzzler tax.

Also, GM has to meet the CAFE requirements and need to be able to establish the highest possible miles per gallon per model that they can. If they didn't configure the Corvette with the 1-4 skip shift and the overall gas mileage fell to an unacceptable number, the Feds would be all over them because of CAFE(Corporate Average Fuel Economy).

So it's really not about selling a car with an "economy shift mode". It's all about the Federal Government and living up to their standards. Now that's what REALLY hurts!!

Charlie

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
IMA Z06 said:
And lets all be glad for the fellow vetter who came up with the bypass, this ones for you whoever you are. :cheers:

In the imortal words of Clark Griswold.....

"Hallelujah"

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts