Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, maybe this has been previously mentioned and I really don't know the answer :-? ... but:

Will installing a new Hurst shifter in a brand new Z06 void any warranties? (my guess is... Yes.)

Any feedback or if anyone experienced a problem with their warranty by doing this, I would love to hear it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Only if it is the direct cause of the failure.
The dealer is the one that makes the decision.
Cracked piston, they can't refuse a warranty claim for that citing your shifter.
Magnuson / Moss Act that was to protect the Specialty Equipment Marketing Association (the entity that represents all the manufactures that make all the go fast goodies that we put on millions of cars annually) was enacted to protect the consumer that wants to put a better shifter on the car and not void his entire vehicle warranty.
:cheers:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fyrcaptain.... that makes sense. I'm curious where the dealer would draw the line...

I just ordered a Hurst shifter....... now I have to wait until the car arrives! :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Thats why its always good to have a close working relationship with your dealer. Mine so far has offered to install anything I want to buy, no problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts