Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys, I'm relatively uneducated on superchargers, so if this is a stupid question, don't bash me too hard! How feasable would it be to get a vortech from a Mustang, or other application, fabricate the mounting brackets and ducting, and run it on a Z06? Obviously, you'd have to change the injectors/regulator like normal, but isn't there a formula or something for calculating what you need, based on boost pressure? I realize it would be a lot of work, but I've seen used Mustang Vortech's go for under a grand. Certainly, you could finish the rest for less than half of the 6 friggin' grand they want for Z06 specific units.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm doing exactly that right now with a V-2 T-trim for a Cobra. Of course, that's if you want to use the Vortech bracket and mount it on the drivers side. There are kits from Carroll supercharging and RMCR [Rocky Mountain Competitive Research] that use more standardized vortech head units in their installs.

I've had to mill quite a bit off the supercharger, but it doesn't affect the rigidity where you have to do it. It's non-trivial to use the Vortech bracket because they really do have a customized head unit in the C5 kit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Anybody else?

TTT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts