Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I did it today, installed my new vortex, this is my second. Had one on my 98 cpe. I was determined to do it perfectly!. I bought a small drill and cutting disk. I took my time. I measured again and again, I drilled the holes perfectly, carefully put the clips on, installed the vortex , the I put the ductwork back on the car and installed the filter from beneath and "son of a [email protected]@ch! it was a half inch off!!!!! Either the template was off or I was. Called Ernie and gave him the measurements over the phone to test if the template was right he called back and I was gone (I was impressed he called back ,TWICE! Good guy!)anyway it was obvious what had to be done. I took it all apart and cut the hole a half inch more in the top, I drilled out the holes again and had enough wiggle room to move the whole thing up and IT FITS NOW!!!!!!Shroud looks like swiss cheeze but that is all covered by the Vortex. Closed the hood and went for a drive. whole thing took about 4 hours. Read some where it was better to install the vortex hold it on the schroud and ten mark where to cut instaed of all the neasuring. I would certainly recommend that. It was a bad feeling seeing my brand new Z disassembled! Alls well that ends well

------------------
2001 Quick silver Z06

·
Registered
0 Posts
1pdqz06,

Sorry to hear you had problems with the Vortex install.
I had my buddy Black Magic install mine. Took about an hour. The toughest part was getting the bolts to line up with the clips. If you did the install yourself, I'm sure it was a bitch!!

Magic also installed Sherylann's Vortex. Took 40 minutes that time.
What a guy!!

Since you have it installed, go out and drive it awhile, in took about 25 miles for the relearn. By 50 miles, my Zs seemed like completely different cars. Oh...they love the cold air!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it'd my imagination but 3rd gear is a screamer now!!!! Wasn't bad before though

------------------
2001 Quick silver Z06, Vortex Ram Air, Lloyds mats, mirrored exhaust plate. Last vette was a 98 A4 torch red cpe

·
Registered
566 Posts
Was checking out the Breathless Preformance Website, they have a Vortex install tips section.

------------------

Quicksilver Z06 Moon
KN w/Modified Air Box

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, I had the same problem. The template is crap.

------------------
Paul
#13 and President, Torch Red Corvette Club, Texas Chapter
CAGS, V1, Plate,
Momo shift knob, Red/Black WheelSkin,
Vortex, Clear Euros with blink-blink,
Decals, APC bulbs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts