Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im installing a vortex power duct and i need some help. How long should this take, what tools? Also the fastners do i need to take them all off???

Thanks,

Mike :-?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
If it's the Breathless Performance kit, give Ernie a call at the shop. I am sure that he would be glad to give you some tips and heads-up. He has always been patient with me when I asked questions.

Don

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Mike,

I installed the Vortex Rammer air box and Power Duct at the same time...just 3-4 days ago. Overall the install was easy, but I've been turning wrenches for a decade or so.

If you're handy with tools at all, you'll have it on in very little time.

The stock duct should pop out with a little effort (it is held to the radiator shroud by some plastic "nipples" inside rubber grommets). This takes a little prying, but you will not break it.

Installation requires you to attach the silicone hose to the backside of the MAF meter (this may honestly be easier to do off the car...its a very tight fit) and then slide the silicone hose onto the TB with the duct already attached to the MAF meter.

They should have supplied you with most of the clamps, but if not you can certainly reuse the hose clamps on the stock ducting. In fact, I know I used the stock clamp that connects the duct to the TB.

Shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] if you have more questions.

I'm very pleased with the product, and the clean install.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WA 2 FST,

Thanks alot. I owe you one.

Mike :guiness:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts