Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vortex air box and a carbon fiber high flow air duct that I took off my 00 coupe before I sold it.

Will either of these work on my new 02 Z06?

Thanks!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Blender,

Welcome to the Forum!! :cool:

The Vortex will fit...however, giving the problems some 2002 Z owners are having with air intakes, I would wait before installing. Seems like the 02's are needing a computer reprogram after intake installs. :( Not sure if the Vortex affects the 02' or not. :-?

I have Vortexes on both my Z's, but they are both 01's.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I have an '02 and my Vortex Rammer and Air Bridge was installed by Breathless at Carlisle on 8/25. I picked my car up at the Museum on 8/23 - so by 8/25 i had accumulated about 800 miles. I now have about 1,700 miles on the car with absolutely no problems except increased performance.

Hope that helps...:D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bleu, good to hear that!! Seems the Vortex and the Sidewinder are not affected then. :cool:

Junkie, I believe you are correct!! I stand corrected!! :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information.

Mabey I'll just get a K&N for the stock box. (think it will make a diffrence?)

Someone used to make a carbon fiber lid for the stock airbox that was opened up on the front. Now I can't seem to find one.

Anyone know who made that or, if it's still available?

Hehe, full of questions on my second post eh?

I just have all of these C/F engine bay goodies off my old car that I want to re-use.
When they are in place, the stock plastic air box kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

Thanks for the welcome, and bearing with my questions.

-B

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I know several 02' Z06's running Vortex intakes with no problems, I would call Breathless to make sure the filter will fit the 02, there maybe a difference in size from the 00'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts