Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am Thinking Of Putting This Intake On My Z.does Anyone Have Any Suggestions.is It A Good Product Or Not? Looks Like A Pretty Simple Install For 22 Ponies.
Thanks Jb

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It's an excellent piece. It's the most proven product of its type available. It's been around for a good number of years and it provides good results. Easy install and easy maintenance. It's also a pretty good looking piece.

I don't think you will see 22 rwhp gained but depending on what model Z06 you are applying it to, you can probably expect to see some where between 7 & 15 rwhp over stock.

blackvetterzo6 said:
Am Thinking Of Putting This Intake On My Z.does Anyone Have Any Suggestions.is It A Good Product Or Not? Looks Like A Pretty Simple Install For 22 Ponies.
Thanks Jb

·
Registered
128 Posts
From what I have read on here no bolt on air intakes give you 15-20 rwhp...I may be wrong, but if I am someone correct me and tell me which one does. I'll buy it tonight! :rofl: Anyways I did the zip-tie and K&N on mine and got 4 rwhp.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
The Vortex is good. Definitely better than stock. I would pull the trigger.

Alex

·
Registered
396 Posts
Do it! As far as dyno numbers go, don't look for much of a gain. But the first time you get on the highway and floor it to up over 100mph, you'll feel the difference. This is just as good as the Vararam IMO, but less expensive, of better build quality, and has a better filter. Plus it's easy to inspect and clean. Get the clear box so you can see the filter. Also, when you want to clean it, you can loosen the clamp at the MAF, and the filter will actually slide out sideways from underneath the radiator shroud where the scoop is. Also, shell out the extra $50 for a pre-cut shroud. This will make install a breeze. Took me 30min., and I'm retarded when it comes to working on cars.

:thumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've been thinking about this mod as well. Will probably opt for the pre-cut shroud, as I want the option of returning to stock if need be. I also want to couple it with the carbon fiber air bridge with the Z06 405 logo.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have a clear air box and have had it on for 2 years now... it was my 3rd mod. 1st was removing the BSM's and 2nd was a Hurst!

·
Registered
61 Posts
this might sound dumb but i dont care...do u think if i bought one of these it would fit my 06 when i get it ...

·
10,998 Posts
blackvetterzo6 said:
Thanks Jb
I have run one on my car for over 50,000 miles with no problems. I highly recommend it. It is on of the least expensive ram air systems. :thumb:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys For The Insight.what A Great Sight For Getting Some Answers.will Order Mine Up With The Precut Shroud.

The Zo6 Amazes Me Every Time I Get In It. What A Difference Over My Past Vettes.might Even Get The New One In A Couple Of Years.let Them Work Out The First Year Jitters If You Know What I Mean.
Thanks Again Guys.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Be sure you give us a product review.

:thumb:

·
10,998 Posts
See also http://www.z06vette.com/rev_part.php?catid=2&ct=Induction&pn=100-2001(C)&name=Vortex%20Rammer

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've had my clear one for 2 years. Installed it myself (easy), and have had ZERO issues with it. I dynoed a year after the install and had 358 hp with no other performance mods. Didn't dyno before, doh!

·
Registered
387 Posts
the truth

blackvetterzo6 said:
Thanks Jb
It is an excellent piece...

Second best to Honker. :yeadog:

·
Registered
387 Posts
LKGRenegade22 said:
From what I have read on here no bolt on air intakes give you 15-20 rwhp...I may be wrong, but if I am someone correct me and tell me which one does. I'll buy it tonight!
I saw this with my OWN TWO EYES...NO BS!!!...

The Honker intake (w/ tune) on a stock 00' C5:

Before: 305rwhp/308rwtq

After: 340rwhp/347rwtq

FWIW - I also saw a Z06 gain 13rwhp w/ a blackwing and then lose 8rwhp after the hood was closed. :eek:

The Vortex is great also, it is a bottom-feeder and is works just like the Honker, except the Honker has a much bigger (and arguably better) filter and flows a shit load more air. A bit pricey though ($500 alone, $650 installed).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts